Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi MailServer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi MailServer

You know how tcadmin can send out emails? Well, I need to install a web server on my linux server for that to work. And to have a web server, I need to point my domain to the dedi, but I already point my domain to my web host. I really need to get the web server working so I can have TcAdmin email out server details to clients.

Comments

• said: You know how tcadmin can send out emails?

No. I think you need to explain a bit more.

• Maybe you could use Mandrill? Mailgun? Something like that? Also, it doesn't really matter if you're pointing your A record to some server already, you can set up the MX records and TXT records for the email service regardless where you point your *.domain.com's A record to.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Your domain doesn't have to be pointed to the server sending emails. Just tell it to send them as your domain and add the IP to your SPF record.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@jarland Ok, good idea. Guess it's not neccessary to point the nameservers to the dedi. If I do that though, will I still be able to send mail via cPanel in addition to the deci? ( Both are on different networks, obviously )

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah just add a DNS record in cpanel to point a subdomain to the dedi. Edit your SPF record on cpanel and add "ip4:" followed by the IP of your dedi, stating the dedi is allowed to send mail for your domain.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited February 2014

@jarland Thanks. What's a good tutorial that you recommend me to follow?

• If I want to follow this tutorial https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-and-setup-postfix-on-ubuntu-12-04 , I would do everything the same except point it to my sub domain that Jarland said to create?