Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReliableHostingServices down for a few days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReliableHostingServices down for a few days

XeiXei Member
edited February 2014 in Providers

I had intermittent connectivity for a few days with them to the point were it was basically unusable... more or less always down. If it wasn't down, connection was intermittent/extremely lagged and still not useable in any meaningful way. It seems to have finally resolved today.

I don't have the exact amount of down time because I don't really run anything there since I realized they were anything but reliable last Spring when I picked up a VPS with them. I just thought I'd make a post here since there hadn't been one to let others be aware.

I read on WHT that they claimed there was a DDoS, didn't see any more information beyond that - that's a pretty long lasting (impressive?) DDoS if it took a few days to mitigate. I've been with them almost for a year and I honestly wouldn't call them very reliable or stable.

I just kept the VPS because I'm too lazy to setup another to replace it, and the fact that it doesn't really serve any purpose so I don't really care... I just decided to make this post so other people would be aware that if they were considering RHS to think again because there are way way way better low end VPS providers here. I mostly supported this provider because it's local to me and I also liked the location (Baltimore) since I think it's somewhat unique among LEB providers (50gb/512mb @ $2 price point didn't hurt either, even if I don't use the space or ram I thought it would be cool to have:P ). If there are other LEB VPS providers in the area, let me know!