Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Webtropia reviews???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Webtropia reviews???

I'm thinking of purchasing a vps with them for 9,99 euros

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2014

They had realy issues last month's (http://serversupportforum.de/forum/server-down/54416-myloc-schon-wieder-down.html) and additional IP's cost 5.00Euro.
    But its better now, maybe Netcup?

• A friend is having over 50 dedicated servers there and I never heard any problems from him.

• They are fine except even if you get a 10 Mbps DDOS the IP will get nullrouted automatically for 30 mins.If you need a dedicated server in Germany, I would recommend Hetzner or Server4you over Webtropia.

• Dedicated ok vps just junk until 1 year ago.

• @tsanten said:
    Dedicated ok vps just junk until 1 year ago.

??

• My suggestion support the little guy get one at ip-projects.de
    Great support awesome hardware :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I can also recommend: ip-projects.de and Server4You/Hetzner

• i just checked webtropia and they ve god really nice deals, especially on the VPS side!

any more opinions on this?

@tsanten said:
    Dedicated ok vps just junk until 1 year ago.

it was junk until 1 year ago, so is it good now? what do you mean?

@Infinity580 said:
    I can also recommend: ip-projects.de and Server4You/Hetzner

does this apply to vps as well?

my opinion of server4you was always that they are the devil in company form. the prices are low, but there s always a "catch" of some sort. everything costs extra, and all extras are expensive etc

am i mistaken?

• i have use them in the past and wouldnt use them again :)
    it would better if you use hetzner

• @kerouac said:
    i just checked webtropia and they ve god really nice deals, especially on the VPS side!

any more opinions on this?

Yeah, thanks to the mass overselling beyond imagination using Virtuozzo containers which helps them set their prices so cheap & you get around 50% off for first 3 months as well.

• @K2Bytes

It's not that cheap, especially before the 50% off. Is it very bad in quality?

• @kerouac said:
    K2Bytes

It's not that cheap, especially before the 50% off. Is it very bad in quality?

Yes they often have downtimes with their VPS, but their dedicated servers work alright.And for me those prices are still cheap considering they're using Virtuozzo which is not free.

• @K2Bytes said:

what is your take on netcup? have used them?

• @kerouac said:

No, I have never used netcup personally so can't say how good they really are.

• I was with them until 1 year ago and was not a pleasant experience.Stay away choose iwstack or DigitalOcean or any other top 5 provider from here and go ahead.

• The biggest problem was the cpu unix bench = 350 , dd=20mb and some functions that i find not working like failed backup if there is a file name with strange letters.Maybe now they have change but i let others find out.

• try serverloft.eu , 2Gb/S read IO - 45MB write IO, Everything is working.