Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS France & Russia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS France & Russia?

AkiraAkira Member
edited April 2012 in General

I've been waiting since they released Sweden last month for these. It says April 2012 for the release date of these locations, and I thought it would be available like April 1 directly. I'm getting impatient here :) When do you think they'll release these locations? I'm mostly interested in Russia. Theoretically they could do it April 30 or April 6... (I hope they don't start with a small stock as it can get sold out because of potentially unsuccessful 'off-shore hosting' start-ups...)

Comments

• I find it rather odd that they didn't do their homework on moving hardware across the borders beforehand...

• AkiraAkira Member

They just assumed it would be cool like moving stuff inside EU. And why wouldn't they buy servers in Russia, I don't think it would be much more expensive, even legit video games are 35% cheaper, and now that they'll pay 140% tax :D

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @Aldryic said: I find it rather odd that they didn't do their homework on moving hardware across the borders beforehand...

We did, we had export documents and spoke with the Russian Embassy in Vienna along with our ISP in Russia and UPS - All of them confirmed that the tax rate would be just the VAT Rate (18%) and nothing special was needed.
    Then the FSB came and now we wait.... and wait...... and wait.... Russia is simply special.

And no, we did certainly NOT think it is eas easy as inside the EU.

France is basically ready and goes out this week, which means it will be online next week.
    As usual this dates are purely theoretical (like BuyVM stock is ba dum tssss) a few weeks more or less are always possible ;)

• @William said: As usual this dates are purely theoretical (like BuyVM stock is ba dum tssss) a few weeks more or less are always possible ;)

hehe I love this meme..

• @William said: Then the FSB came

Heh. Yeah, new initials, but nothing new about their policy. Looks like nothing's changed since I came to the States.

• @Aldryic you left for good?

• @rds100 said: @Aldryic you left for good?

Depends on how bad the economy/govt here is by the time my daughter's an adult.

• Did you keep the citizenship?
    I'm also from Asia (yes yes, russia is not asia....) and it has advantages to have a few citizenships... also why Canada and not i.e. Israel or Germany?

Just interested :p

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@William Aldryic lives in the States not Canada afaik.

• Basically the same anyway :D

• @William said: Did you keep the citizenship?

Negative. Gave that up when I enlisted.

@Infinity said: Aldryic lives in the States not Canada afaik.

Correct. Though Canada is another likely location if I get sick of the US.

• flyfly Member

@william what DC is edis gonna use in france

• We are in Telehouse Voltaire, Paris :)