Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic jax1 down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic jax1 down

My vps at crissic was showing huge loads.

I immidiately logged in thru ssh and checked if any thing from my side is causing issue. But, it was not.

after 10 minutes tried restarting the vps thru 'reboot' and thru solus. but, both dont work.

solus says the host is not available.

Any one on jax1 facing issue here?

Comments

• Here is the exact solus message - "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

does it indicate that the node is down?

I have a open ticket(#757529) on the issue at crissic but did not get any reply yet.

• I'm on the same node and facing same issue, submitted a ticket half an hour ago. Looks like disk issue as I am seeing high iowait.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited February 2014

yes, it is down for almost 8 hours by now. and no one fucking cared to reply any support ticket :(

• I believe it has been since yesterday when my cPanel started throwing error e-mails. I just didn't have time to check it before now.

• According to crissic's IRC topic they are 'upgrading servers'.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@Void_Whisperer said:
    According to crissic's IRC topic they are 'upgrading servers'.

did no one got a email about this? you atleast should have been informed about possible downtime.

• but jax01 was upgraded server and I never noticed this much of load earlier.

• I'm sure everyone has received below replies to their tickets.

If your VPS was on jax01 or jax06 we are aware and working on the problem. It looks like there may have been some users causing the load to go to 1000+ by running DoS/DDoS scripts

• I don't get how the fair share governing or automated abuse scripts wouldn't prevent this. Pretty crappy. Deploying tarsnap backup to Digital Ocean as we speak.

• We're still tracking down the exact cause of the issue, as well as why our automated systems didn't appropriately notify us of the issue. JAX06 is currently coming back online, and we expect JAX01 to boot back in fully here in just a moment.

Thanks for your patience. We'll be investigating the exact issue as well as modifying systems to better notify us of issues such as this in the future. At first glance, appears it was outbound attacks originating from a few kloxo installs.

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited February 2014

@SkylarM said:
    We're still tracking down the exact cause of the issue, as well as why our automated systems didn't appropriately prevent notify us of the issue.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited February 2014

SkylarM said: as well as why our automated systems didn't appropriately notify us of the issue

why did you depend only on automated notifier while many of your clients asked you about this downtime. I remember I posted it almost 8 hours ago! what happened to 24/7 support? what happened to 600 MB/s IO which has been down to ~80MB/s most of the time for last couple of weeks? This is just BS that the whole node is down, all the VPSes are down and you don't care to check your support system :(

• @ironhide said:
    why did you depend only on automated notifier while many of your clients asked you about this downtime. I remember I posted it almost 8 hours ago! what happened to 24/7 support? what happened to 600 MB/s IO which has been down to ~80MB/s most of the time for last couple of weeks? This is just BS that a whole node is down, all the VPSes are down and you don't care to check your support sy

We haven't had any reports of 80MB/s IO, but that doesn't sound like it's where it should be. We do have an overnight tech, but I'm working on getting services restored first before determining what happened exactly.

• Have to agree. Service was fine up until recently. I put in a ticket since uptime robot showed load times spiking hourly, and sometimes pretty egregiously. They dismissed it as "oh we don't see any evidence of that".