Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streaming?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Streaming?

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
edited April 2012 in General

I have a question. I have an USB video capture card. I want to stream some videos to private persons. Does anyone knows how to do it? Assume I want to send the video streaming to my VPS, and maybe using VLC to send it.

Comments

• Would it be a single person, or would you be streaming it to multiple people?

• fanfan Veteran

I use M$'s Expression Encoder 4 for that on Windows, for Linux I think Flash Media Server or Red5 can do that, although too complicated for simple use.

I think the easiest way is to hold a private channel on ustream.tv

• Try using rtmpd, very lightweight Flash RTMP server that won't hog all your resources.

Never used VLC, but if you don't want to (or can't) use FMLE, FFMPEG should be able to publish to it.

If you can find a way to publish to Theora, Icecast can do the job also.

• I'm not sure how you would do it server-side, but I just finished streaming for 60 hours straight, so I might be able to help you with that.

There's a program called Xsplit (http://xsplit.com) that's in public beta right now. You could try that, that is a great program. It might take a little while to figure out how to use it, though.

• Xsplit has been in beta for about a year and a half now...

• fanfan Veteran

@Boltersdriveer said: Xsplit has been in beta for about a year and a half now...

Final coming in a few days, also becoming a commercial software.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Thank you for your suggestions! I will try it at night! :)

btw, it will be for 2-3 persons only.