Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IonVM.com -- where they running VPS companies before?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IonVM.com -- where they running VPS companies before?

Go59954Go59954 Member
edited September 2011 in Providers

Hi!

When looking at ionvm.com, I found it just familiar. And they started VPS business recently. For example, it reminded me of TeamVPS, website, services and offers. Even though the first didn't offer offshore VPS if I can recall. But if they are, seeing how TeamVPS eventually became, if they are same, that is not really a good point. Or perhaps another destroyed company that you know? I don't know really, what you think? is it trust worthy? (and no doubt price are good).

Comments

• I found it familiar to xvps and a few other "daedalus" sites

• The horrific CSS where everything is absolute/relative positioned images on top of each other
    • ServerCentral which is really not the most common chicago DC
    • TONS OF IMAGES ON TOP OF EACH OTHER ALL DAY EVERY DAY
    Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

justinb said: The horrific CSS where everything is absolute/relative positioned images on top of each other

True true, those overlapping images too are pretty wierd in the Web Design industry.

Their services seem good so far. I have a VPS from 'em.

• IonVMIonVM Member
    edited October 2011

Hi,

No, we haven't run any other VPS hosts that I'm aware of. I do appreciate the comments on the design, I expect we'll finally be redesigning from the beta version soon.

David Krause, General Manager
    www.ionvm.com

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

@justinb Infinity: Thank you guys, I thought almost the same :)

@IonVM: Thank you for clarifying that. And I got really interested in some offers ;)

• alexalex Member
    edited October 2011

IonVM said: No, we haven't run any other VPS hosts that I'm aware of. I do appreciate the comments on the design, I expect we'll finally be redesigning from the beta version soon.

somehow I find it very difficult to believe

• @alex I don't know what forums you spend time on. I gather it's some sort of mind readers group because you never seem to explain yourself and just assume that we're all going to know what you're talking about.

• GeekViewGeekView Member
    edited October 2011

@IonVM David Krause was this company started from scratch by you or took over from someone else? Dan Fry involved in this?

I agree with @justinb @alex the design looks similar to "daedalus" sites

Thanked by 1alex
  • Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

Just would like to note that:

1- They offer really good prices and same for offshore VPS in good location. and a great value in annual term.

2- They are not so new by now, and my thread itself is 1 month old ;)

3- They denied being an old company which we assumed based on suspect and everyone had a little different thought.

4- The website design will be taken into consideration as well

So their answer imo can be simply accepted. thats why I opened the thread, to make sure.

Not defending anyone btw, just how I thought about it :)

• This company is pure Shit!

I order a VPS "UK" and i got USA one as they say that UK is out of stock so instead of asking me would i like a refund or Different location they give me USA?! I wanted UK because im from UK. so good ping. if anything Netherlands would be better.

Pure bull-shit. They're support is crap. 48 hour+ response time. Hostrail #2 with out the fully managed support.

• alexalex Member
    edited October 2011

on a side note, I ordered a 2 day trail vps with them. twice. both times the details came AFTER the 2 days period, therefore I wasn't even able to try it, so after 2 tries I gave up. looks like they don't check their order system more than twice a week.

• Too much Overloading server at UK and support disappear now.

edited October 2011

That is true, the support is very slow to respond. They shouldn't even have the live support because no one goes on it..

Haven't updated SolusVM either..

• tuxtux Member

Infinity said: Haven't updated SolusVM either..

Why you want see new SolusVM skin? It is horrible.

I know..

• My VPS is down for 20 hours now.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

Is it just the vps or the whole system? Did you try rebooting it from the control panel if you can reach that? Did you contact them? if so, what was the ticket number?

You folks realize that I have soccer moms who do better tech reports...

• Hell man I think my mom (she is 75) does better reports then most people.

• This company is doing well, but got out of hand for the previous owner that replied above. I , Greg, just bought it and took over. My team has dove in last week and getting used to all the internals of the company while keeping the former owner on staff. Uk did get sold out but many more servers are on the way and first set of them should be up tomorrow , pending some ip justification.

The sites ugly! Im having it redesigned. My crew from another set of companies I own is in there now cleaning up some backlogs and making some improvements and more automation. It won't take but a couple days now to have it all locked down.

Thank you all for your support.

Oo great :-) I hope there really is a new management.

• It just a game

Donn Fry = Ionvm, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers

Company has problems he sales it or say new management. Greg is new name for Donn

There is post on wht or one forum with list of his names and his real location. I think maybe 20 names

This man take my money on Supervm and Telvps

BTW. If you did buy it then why is the whois still saying that the domain belongs to David?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

concernednetizen said: Donn Fry = Ionvm, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers ... Greg is new name for Donn

You mean Dann Fry (aka Alan Jones) not Donn. There was also Delimiter, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies which should be listed :)

• concernednetizen said: There is post on wht or one forum with list of his names and his real location. I think maybe 20 names

link please

• Spirit said: You mean Dann Fry (aka Alan Jones) not Donn. There was also Delimiter, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies which should be listed :)

Companies to avoid?

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

@concernednetizen : I believe you :X

• All UK network down again at ionvm

Solus is down..

• Now, no reponse and having issue over 10 hours+ improve for new management?

Maybe it is true that they are the same people..

• I buy vps at telvps from omar singh but when he fix my vps problem he have same ip as man fix my vps in supervm. I check ip and in minnasoter

This man supervm I pay one year server stop no back money. I go telvps but same man and I lose money next time server stop

I think this man make company, sell vps not pay server, sell company then new company and again this