Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with those recent bans at LET? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's with those recent bans at LET?

1235»

Comments

• HEY MAN WHY YOU GOTTA PICK ON ME I'M GONNA REPORT YOU T....

-cough- No hard feelings, it's a good example :P

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

Maounique ban will expire and he will be maybe back, so what's the deal with this thread?

The deal is that many people didn't even noticed those bans (Naruto, Maouniqu) and that this should not become LET trend. It's easy to push ban button however responsible admin will use punishment sparingly as last resort not because some obscure personal related feelings.
    Threads like this one are, I believe, good and productive. It tells you, to admin, what community want and expect from you. It's not just about bitching against admin because someone got ban. It's about clearly expressed thoughs about some things which aren't ok and can be better.
    We, ordinary users, aren't just consumers of this community. We co-build it. And while we don't have administration privileges, which is ok, we from time to time take a privilege to contribute also posts about directions we consider bad for community.

• flyfly Member

there should definitely be policy put in place. also whatever happened to talking to new LEB writers @chief

• AdamAdam Member
    edited April 2012

@Spirit I'm glad bans are being given out.

Most users will agree that while LEA was here, both the forums and site were in a sense 'better'. But that time is gone.
    If you haven't noticed, since LEA took his leave spam, trolling, and derailing posts (on purpose) have become a daily occurrence with at least a fourth of the threads/posts falling into this category. While it is fun to derail a topic from time to time, it's to the point now where I don't even bother opening most threads.

These users aren't being banned out of thin air, they're given warnings/infractions, if they continue what do you want us to do? Have a poll every time someone needs a timeout?
    I trust the mods here, I know they won't ban someone just because they can, they do their due diligence.

There are a lot of things in LEB/LET that need work, but I do not believe that this one of them. This forum is very relaxed, and to complain about a trivial aspect of it is just unnecessary.

Thanked by 2netomx Steve81
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@spirit I'm not sure why you feel this is about sides. Someone got banned, some will agree, some wont.

I've already said that both users involved should have been given timeouts. I'm not privy to the info mods have and if warnings were given etc etc.

This is just a forum for people to talk, exchange views, get a good deal on a VPS or that's what I thought? Maybe I've missed something being new :)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Spirit said: Maounique ban will expire and he will be maybe back, so what's the deal with this thread?

I dunno, you started it

• ZettaZetta Member

@miTgiB said: I dunno, you started it

I dunno, looks like a rhetorical question

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@miTgiB said: I dunno, you started it

You're tired, mate :( There's more. When you wake up try to read more than just first sentence, ok? :)

• @Spirit said: try to read more than just first sentence, ok? :)

tl;dr ;)

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

Is it happy hour yet? Some of you gents are in dire need of a few glasses of bourbon :P

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Aldryic said: Is it happy hour yet? Some of you gents are in dire need of a few glasses of bourbon :P

I dont drink bourbon, I will therefor flag your post ! :p j/k

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

@Spirit said: Naruto

I'm glad Naruto was banned. That guy was so annoying, seriously. And he offered to pay someone money to DDoS a Linode box according to a previous post a month or two ago.

Just sayin'

• Damn, and I thought this thread was gonna be about LET wedding announcements.

• AsimAsim Member

@Asim said: hmm, my personal views... banning is not the way especially when both of the mentioned users were not exactly trolls.

revisiting this, I regret I made the comments above. @Maounique is indeed unbrearable. I have tried to be reasonable with him but he is one consistent spammer who does not want to learn. sigh

Going to request someone in the admin rights to clean up those threads with the rubbish

Thanked by 1onepound