Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with those recent bans at LET? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's with those recent bans at LET?

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@Spirit said: Can't you just stop with that?

Stop the truth?? Are you serious?? If you don't want the truth don't ask for it. This thread is pathetic. I posted some information I had and now nobody wants to hear it?

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

Your "truth" is pathetic. Or rather invented because you have no clue why he is banned but blindly try to justify this act.
    So don't tell us in same sentence that you don't know why he is banned biot then use something as "truth" why he is banned,

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said: I really wish I took a screenshot now. I have a feeling nobody else saw the post before it was removed and now people think he was banned unjustly because they didn't see it (maybe it wasn't removed the mods could unhide it?).

Let me check, Vanilla forums is a little bad at the Edit log, some posts come, some don't..

I'll edit this post if I find it.

@Spirit said: Or rather invented because you have no clue why he is banned but blindly try to justify this act.

I'm just using common sense.

1) He made a post.
    2) I flagged post.
    3) His post was removed.
    4) He was banned.

Logic states that 3 and 4 might be related...

Thanked by 2Steve81 djvdorp
  • When he made that post?

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Spirit said: Everyone who know atleast a bit this community and use own brains know why he was banned and who was the people he pissed of the most.

And posting with the sole intention to piss people off is ok now? Even if I don't agree with this ban (or any ban), he's far from being innocent in all this.

• @vedran what about double standards at LET?

edited April 2012

@Spirit said: When he made that post?

He made the post this morning in this thread around 9AM EST. It was removed right before he was banned.

He said that he wished the good work of the anonymous hacker had more of an impact.

edited April 2012

@KuJoe said: a post.

I am definately sure that there was multiple posts that were flagged, and it wasn't just you that flagged. I can't seem to find it for some reason.

• @Spirit said: what about double standards at LET? in life

FTFY

@Infinity said: I am definately sure that there was multiple posts that were flagged, and it wasn't just you that flagged. I can't seem to find it for some reason.

Do you happen to have my flagged report? I had quoted the lines in question in it.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

Ok, @miTgiB so lets talk about this and make it clear then :) Naive KuJoe of course won't want to hear about them but well..

@KuJoe said: He said that he wished the good work of the anonymous hacker had more of an impact.

Wow. And he was banned because this unimportant internet l337 talk statement among all his other long and well argumented posts? Heh...
    I am not saying that I agree with him (most of the time) however till now I still didn't see anything worth of a ban except that he pissed off wrong people.

@Spirit said: Naive KuJoe of course won't want to hear about them but well..

I'm far from naive, my eyes are wide open and I'm completely aware of what goes on here. It makes me sick and I even made a long post on LEB about it. I stayed out of the argument and simply flagged a post that was a low blow to the community and me. I come to this thread with information some of you did not have to help out and this is how I am treated.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

I treated you that way because I don't believe that he was banned because some short dumb unimportant statement about things happened months ago. My eyes are wide open too...

@Spirit said: And he was banned because this unimportant internet l337 talk statement among all his other long and well argumented posts?

I don't know why he was banned. I just came in here to tell you what I know. I don't know whether he deserved a ban or not for what he said.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@liam I don't consider KuJoe as bad person. Right opposite. However I can't get rid of impression (not only in this thread) that he tend to blindly defend and justify some things (LET/LEB management) just because people express constructive criticism against... and then we fall in endless loop of excuses instead saying at loud "THIS ISN'T OK, lets fix it".

• @liam said: He's a very neutral person and from what I've seen is very reasonable.

Very true, no sense backing @KuJoe up against the wall, he added what he knew, and I agree with you @Spirit, that was probably not why he was banned, I would guess he was banned for derailing threads, and other obnoxiousness after being warned of it, but those are just my guesses, the world may never know.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

But he had so small role in that in comparisation with all past...

• @JSCL was immediately given a perm ban for giving negative feedback.

So we either have to praise LET or get banned?

From what I saw just before I set off to bed, he posted a few derailing comments at least 4 times each after each one was deleted, I'm also sure he was warned many times.

By the time we have finished discussing this his ban will be gone.

• @Daniel said: @JSCL was immediately given a perm ban for giving negative feedback.

Didn't he have a prior history, though? Or was he the kid that only signed up to troll?

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Spirit said: what about double standards at LET?

Like?

Also, how can we have double standards when we have no standards at all? Without any official rules, all we have is a few people trying to do what they think is best, and everyone makes mistakes (me included). I like having no rules but we do need standards.

• @Aldryic

No it wasent trolling, it was a fair point.

He was never an active member.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic said: Didn't he have a prior history, though? Or was he the kid that only signed up to troll?

He enjoyed drama then went on WHT condoning the floods pretty well. When the mods confronted him on there about it he changed his tune somewhat, or at least 'corrected' what he meant.

I'm not sure if JSCL was honestly in it to troll or just liked playing devils advocate.

Moa had countless posts that were always all over the place. He's a very strong believer in TOR as we all saw and that made him very aggressive in many posts. There's defending what you believe in, but many people on here stated that he gave a bad impression of the TOR community/project as a whole.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Spirit said: Everyone who know atleast a bit this community and use own brains know why he was banned and who was the people he pissed of the most.

I know this community and I know know why he was banned. What am I?

@Spirit said: Your "truth" is pathetic. Or rather invented because you have no clue why he is banned but blindly try to justify this act.

So don't tell us in same sentence that you don't know why he is banned biot then use something as "truth" why he is banned,

Maonique? Is that you?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@netomx no I am not Maonique. And no I don't care if host allow Tor or not (I am more "IRC is must" person). Infact I don't even agree with him always and he could be really annoying on moments with his "I don't give up" however I believe that he got ban because he was catching at LEB with always same people from some other community.

@vedran like? Eh, come on... There was so many personal related attacks and no one got banned. There was so many dumb statemens and no one got banned. So many accusations. So many arguments.. Maybe you can tell me what he did as difference to earn this ban? Unlike many others he really invested some time and effort into hist posts being right or wrong.

• ZettaZetta Member

I guess the forums earned it's name.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Spirit said: Maybe you can tell me what he did as difference to earn this ban?

Give me something to compare to and I'll tell you what or if he did different.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@vedran said: Give me something to compare to and I'll tell you what or if he did different.

Sure. Tell me.

Trolling? Bickering? Arguing? Confrontations? Sometimes not in most respective and pleasant tone...

@Spirit said: If you take this as argument people like Aldryic would be perm banned here long time ago. Maounique was not match for them in any aspect except persistence (the thing which annoyed us the most - but this should not be a reason for ban).

@Aldryic said: Agreed.

Here you have one example and also his answer.

(I hope that Aldryic will forgive me to use him as example as this isn't threat about him + he is a bit more calm lately and because of that I feel a bit bad to use him as example)

• vedranvedran Veteran

I meant more of an example when someone else continuously derailed threads to one single topic even after being warned not to do it (multiple times). I think he's pretty unique there, and that's the main reason for his ban.

Trolling? Bickering? Arguing? I know we have tons of that