Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with those recent bans at LET? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's with those recent bans at LET?

Comments

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

???
    If it was for that post, then banning him only proves what he said.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • LET moderation is becoming just as bad as WHT's.

Thanked by 3Damian Liam Jeffrey
  • This place is such a damned dramafest.

Thanked by 3Liam Jeffrey GM2015
  • @Kairus said: LET moderation is becoming just as bad as WHT's.

Indeed. While maounique and Naruto were(are?) annoying, they gave balance to the place.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @Damian said: Indeed. While maounique and Naruto were(are?) annoying, they gave balance to the place.

Naruto is banned? Since when.

Thanked by 1Akira
  • KairusKairus Member
    edited April 2012

@Damian said: Indeed. While maounique and Naruto were(are?) annoying, they gave balance to the place.

It made things interesting at least. I disagree with things some people say here, but I argue with them, and if I feel they're just being ignorant, I give up and stop replying to them (and it may not even be the truth, I may be the one that's being ignorant).

The witty comments from Naruto were somewhat funny, not everything has to be super serious precise to the point. Maounique, I didn't agree with everything (or anything) he said, but there's nothing wrong with telling him to calm down, and let him argue with people. Don't have to abuse your newfound power to get rid of someone because you disagree with them/find them annoying.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

@Daniel said: Naruto is banned? Since when.

Start scrolling down on this thread.

• @Daniel said: Naruto is banned? Since when.

A couple of weeks ago, I think. I can't find the post about it.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/Naruto

@Kairus said: I disagree with things some people say here, but I argue with them, and if I feel they're just being ignorant, I give up and stop replying to them

+1

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@spirit basically yes he may have identified a problem with a company, however its not his job to chase that company down. There is a way to do it in a none accusing progressive way.

Its not good for the community for people to be having personal battles etc.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

@httpzoom said: Its not good for the community for people to be having personal battles etc.

Someone is new.
    I'm probably on my second hand counting the number of personal attack threads this year.
    And of course, no one got banned because of those.

Thanked by 3Liam DeletedUser Spirit
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@httpzoom the ban isn't a solution

Thanked by 1Liam
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic said: @Francisco is a very hard man to dislike.

That's a lie, there's plenty of people that can't stand me :P Call up our old DC in Portland and you'll see.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Aldryic said: @Francisco is a very hard man to dislike (as long as he's not urinating on your powerstrips or leaving hair clippings all over the DC).

There boss, fixed :P

• @liam said: Which datacentre?

SystemInPlace. We have a very... colourful history with them.

Guys,

Its not a perm ban its a timeout!

Like most people have said if this happens to them they'll normally just ignore the silly comments etc. The only real thing that was wrong here was 1 person went into time out and not 2.

@Aldryic said: SystemInPlace. We have a very... colourful history with them.

Hah, no, SIP doesn't own a DC.

Francisco

@httpzoom said: Its not a perm ban its a timeout!

Are we sure for naruto though? He has had multiple bans before this one (for short periods), so I'm thinking @chief made it final.

Francisco

• I'm not sure how the bans work in Vanilla, but it doesn't look like Naruto can't come back with nick Narut0 and different IP if he wanted to... Bans are useless.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: @chief made it final.

I believe so, but with Maounique it's definately 48 hours.

@rds100 said: Bans are useless.

If the culprit comes back and does what they did to get banned for they'll be banned again, if they don't do anything bad again then good.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2012

@infinity then it's an endless cat and mouse game... nobody wins.
    Actually the fact that he's not coming back shows that he has some maturity.

Thanked by 1Liam

@Infinity said: I believe so, but with Maounique it's definately 48 hours.

Aah, i've been outta things all weekend so I have no idea why he even got slapped :)

If you check Chief's profile history you'll see that it looks to be that he is doing validation on every account.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Liam

@Francisco said: If you check Chief's profile history you'll see that it looks to be that he is doing validation on every account.

Indeed, I completely forgot about that. I'm out of my mind today.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@Spirit said: And what's now with this Maounique guy? What he did to deserve ban?

I didn't read everybody's posts in this thread but there was one post that was removed by Maounique (that I flagged this morning) was a long post condoning the actions of Constantinos and referring to the DDOS attacks against LEB/LET, WHT, and providers as "good work". I'm willing to be this was the cause of the quick trip to ban-town.

Thanked by 1Steve81

Exactly.

if he does come back and decides he doesn't want to be banned and acts normally the community benefits. The only time a perm ban falls down is if the band user lacks maturity to correct mistakes.

• @Francisco said: Hah, no, SIP doesn't own a DC.

Right, but Ed stories are the best :P

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@httpzoom said: however its not his job to chase that company down. There is a way to do it in a none accusing progressive way. Its not good for the community for people to be having personal battles etc.

I hope that this won't sound too rough but you have obviously no clue what you're talkig about. While I said often and I also agree with you that those personal battles aren't good for LET you in your lack of knowing this community picked wrong "side" as example of personal related battles. Banned person wasn't even close match to those he criticized. He maybe tryed to be "counterbalance" to them but most of the time pretty much lonely into that.

@httpzoom said: ...and acts normally the community benefits.

Who are you to judge who act "normally" here? I understand that you're new here and your opinion base on few days LET experience however it's not nice that you try patronage someone disrearding your lack of general knowledge about this community.

-

@KuJoe said: ...condoning the actions of Constantinos and referring to the DDOS attacks against LEB/LET, WH,... I'm willing to be this was the cause of the quick trip to ban-town.

@KuJoe, ah come on. With statements like yours people lose their posting credibility. Everyone who know atleast a bit this community and use own brains know why he was banned and who was the people he pissed of the most.
    How long will be this ddos from months ago used as excuse for every bad thing happen at LET/LEB? Isn't about time to move on instead blaming it for inactive administration, ban of member which had nothing to do with and what else possible...

@KuJoe said: I didn't read everybody's posts in this thread

Read them and you may found out that MOST people condemned ban. Maybe it's not the best thing to use majority as argument however as long this site exist with and because this same community this should tell you something...

Thanked by 1Liam

@Spirit said: @KuJoe, ah come on. With statements like yours people lose their posting credibility. Everyone who know atleast a bit this community and use own brains know why he was banned and who was the people he pissed of the most.

I'm just posting what I know. I'm not a staff member here so I don't know the reason why he was banned but if I was that would be a good enough reason for me. Any supporter of Constantinos and his actions should not be welcome here.

edited April 2012

@liam said: @kujoe without seeing the whole post it's unfair to comment.

I really wish I took a screenshot now. I have a feeling nobody else saw the post before it was removed and now people think he was banned unjustly because they didn't see it (maybe it wasn't removed the mods could unhide it?).

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

Can't you just stop with that? Using this old fool Constantinos and some dumb internet statement in moment of careless months ago is just insult of our intellect.
    It remind me on arguments of those which sniff your and my internet connection today because "terrorist threat" (ie. things that happened more than decade ago).