Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Softsys Hosting Sales and Fraud Detection Review - (Money Refunded)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Softsys Hosting Sales and Fraud Detection Review - (Money Refunded)

codepyrocodepyro Member
edited February 2014 in Reviews

I just want to share my experience with http://www.softsyshosting.com/ I Well I never made it to actually getting a vps because of the way they handle their sales transaction.

I signed up for their ECO 1 Windows VPS hosting plan which came out to less than $10 after coupon. After I signed up, I received an email asking me to further verify my information because of fraud protection!! They wanted the first 6 and last 2 of my credit card, my driver license, and billing information!!! **WHY?? The whole purpose of using paypal is so I do not have to provide them with any credit card information to protect my self from fraudulent companies!!! How would they verify with my credit card information any way...paypal does not give them anything to verify against!! **IF multi-million dollars companies trust paypal to protect them against fraud why would some small hosting company ask you for all this extra information. I'm very disappointed. They did refund me the money.

I call their fraud detection complete bulls**t and an attempt to mine data or use personal data for their own benefit...I would be very cautious of this company!!!

Thanked by 1SnowDay

Comments

• Copy/paste fail.

• if any hosting company asks for any cc card info like that or driver license run as fast as far as possilbe obviously fraudsters or similiar

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 said:
    if any hosting company asks for any cc card info like that or driver license run as fast as far as possilbe obviously fraudsters or similiar

If any hosting customer refuses to provide verification information run as fast as possible and terminate them - obviously going to be spamming or are using a hacked PayPal account.

• shovenose said: If any hosting customer refuses to provide verification information run as fast as possible and terminate them - obviously going to be spamming or are using a hacked PayPal account.

why would i trust some random company with very sensitive info? Larger companies maybe but even still i trust no company with such info, they could commit fraud and more.

• there is no way I would provide such information.
    Driver's driver license and credit card info.

first . they are small company and very unknown, they can't be trust.
    second. even though the company would keep secret for me, but still they could get hack easily.

• They are fraud and scammers yet refund your money? Makes so much sense. My brain hurts.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • I have ordered from them in the past and never experienced this. I have a confirmed PayPal account with good standing. :) They're my go to provider for low cost Windows VPS.

• @shovenose said:
    If any hosting customer refuses to provide verification information run as fast as possible and terminate them - obviously going to be spamming or are using a hacked PayPal account.

Have you heard about target lately?

• I am having multiple VPS with them since last 3 years and didn't face any issue. Really great service. Even I am using Paypal and I wonder why this happened to you.

• Ive used softsys they are ok, never asked me for that kinda info

• You do understand that companies face fines for chargebacks that happen when people use stolen information, right? So a carded VPS which costs whatever amount under 10 dollars costs the companies anywhere from 15-25 dollars in chargeback fees.

• 15-25 dollars charge back fees vs identity thief later on hassle, which has more weight?

• Did you pay directly using PayPal or it was processed through 2checkout or other services?

• Well, this has been explained in a post at WHT - for all orders that are ranked higher in fraud review process, we require payment authorization document along with verification to ascertain ownership of account and also protect our business (and customers). We only require first 6 and last 2 digits of card to be entered in authorization form (if paid directly through card). In case if you paid via PayPal, we do not require your card #'s and just your PayPal verified email address. This is done to prevent fraud orders and payments. If it does not go well with you, we refund the order in full - it is a verification process for high fraud risk orders and is followed by several hosts in the industry. This has been explained at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1345410 where this user has posted a copy / paste post.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Changed title text "BAD,BEWARE!" to "Money Refunded".

Since host refunded, I find no issue why there should be complaint.

Thanked by 2Mark_R rds100
  • I'm curious, does 2CO not provide sufficient data that a provider need to see customer's 2CO invoice? I assume that is what the first 6 and last 2 digits of card to be used for, to check the order on 2co.com ? I know companies asking photo ID / driver's license or utility bills, but the 8 credit card digits kinda new to me.

• will close thread

This discussion has been closed.