Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to make of this spambot?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What to make of this spambot?

One of my VPS gets frequent spambots trying to access random accounts on my mail server. Most of them come from China.

Today, however, I received some attempts from an IP that originates from colocrossing! I have never used any of their services, so this is quite weird. Have I viewed their web site?
Sure, I have in the past. But never their services. Only VPS I've used recently is Prometheus, Iniz, VPSdime, and swiftway.

Here is the IP, can anyone help me figure how the hell they got a hold of my VPS when the domain and IP of my VPS have never used their services? Thanks.

Comments

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited February 2014

Because spambots just random scan internet?

Btw CC has lots of ips, so I doubt someone FROM CC is trying to target you, most like someone using cc. You could try to email [email protected] providing some samples of what that ip is trying to do.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Hmmm, guess that could be true.