Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fileMEDIA CloudVM: VPS meets Cloud - New control panel - vlan - backups - starting at 3.49€
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fileMEDIA CloudVM: VPS meets Cloud - New control panel - vlan - backups - starting at 3.49€

We (fileMEDIA) proudly announce our new CloudVM line up with many features which cannot found in other offers in the LEB maket. We started in 2011 with the new development of a cloud web gui and the infrastructure behind it. It based on Proxmox as virtualization layer and a WHMCS module to manage your CloudVM from the customer’s site to reduce the costs of license fees which ends in less product prices for our customers. Proxmox needs lot’s of custom patches and developments to integrate it in our solutions for example with the VXLAN tagging to offer private networks and our integrated reinstall system for all of our customers. This patched caused a long delay to release it for our customer because it cannot found in the public and must be done in-house.

What is a CloudVM? CloudVM specify a group of resources you can handle with it to create virtual machine instances in our clusters. It specifies CPU Power, CPU Sockets, CPU cores, RAM, Traffic, Backup Space for snapshots and backups, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. One CloudVM can hold different CloudVM instances as long as you have enough free resources for it in your CloudVM. Thus, you can deploy an application in a CloudVM which needs different virtual machines. For example you can put on front of it a VM as router and firewall to protect your other VMs. Behind this firewall other machines can stay there which build your application. Webservers, proxies, storage VMs and more can talk in the internal network and can be reachable over your firewall. With this design you can build every application you want to deploy.

A CloudVM instance is a virtual machine hosted on a Proxmox node which is hosted in our cluster. The CloudVM use advantages from a VPS and from cloud instances. It combines both methodes to built a flexible, dynamically and powerful virtual machine with cloud features for very less price.

All other old plans with solusvm will be migrated in the next two months for free.

What features offer our CloudVM:

• Dynamic resources: resources can up- and downgraded at any time
  • Pay as you need: You can up- an downgrade your CloudVM and you pay only that which you added to your service. When you downgrade it, your money fort hat resources go back to your balance and can be used for other ressources or services.
  • Flexible disk management
  • Isolated private network with two NICs (privte/public)
  • Backup space and backup management for snapshots (automatic/manual)
  • Cloning, you can use a backup to deploy a new CloudVM instance from it
  • IP management
  • VNC console
  • Reinstall system
  • CD/DVD mount

What features come in the future:

• HA functions
  • Local and SAN storage
  • Different locations selectable for each instance
  • Custom ISO upload
  • Template upload function
  • Global firewall management for your CloudVM
  • and many other

Our LEB plans:

CloudVM HDD 20 for 3.49€ per month: https://www.filemedia.de/pricing.html

• Up to 100 CloudVM Instances
  • 20GB HDD Storage Space (local)
  • 512MB DDR3 ECC RAM
  • 1x vCPU Cores
  • 100 vCPU Power
  • 1x IPv4 Address
  • 10x IPv6 Addresses
  • 20GB Backup Space
  • 10x Backup Files
  • 1 Gbit/s Public Network
  • 1 Gbit/s Internal Network
  • 1TB Public Traffic
  • Unmetered Internal Traffic
  • Upgradeable resources

CloudVM SSD 10 for 3.99€ per month: https://www.filemedia.de/pricing.html (currently sold out)

• Up to 100 CloudVM Instances
  • 10GB SSD Storage Space (local)
  • 512MB DDR3 ECC RAM
  • 1x vCPU Cores
  • 100 vCPU Power
  • 1x IPv4 Address
  • 10x IPv6 Addresses
  • 10GB Backup Space
  • 10x Backup Files
  • 1 Gbit/s Public Network
  • 1 Gbit/s Internal Network
  • 1TB Public Traffic
  • Unmetered Internal Traffic
  • Upgradeable resources

Try it out: https://www.filemedia.de

Comments

• You're a decent provider with good network and uptime but your new web-site doesn't look good at all, well the previous design was much better!

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited February 2014

Thanks. Yes website is a good point. We used it because our other (planned) isn't really complete and require additional work. Our site should be changed when it's done :) first we must start our new colo in nuernberg/germany with more SSD space.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • You say, coming in the future:

• HA functions
    • Local and SAN storage
    • Different locations selectable for each instance

So right now there's no HA and no SAN and the instance is at one location.

So in no way is it a "CloudVM", right?

• Cloud stands for dynamic resources (up- & downgrade at any time) at the moment. Currently SAN storage is only used for our internal VMs yet because this feature (dropdown between local and SAN and billing calculation) isn't implemented complete in the customer's gui. When it is complete we enable it for our customer to use our infiniband storage or local storage.

• fileMEDIA said: Cloud stands for dynamic resources (up- & downgrade at any time) at the moment.

I'm trying to understand what makes your service different from typical VPS providers. For example, any OpenVz provider can upgrade/downgrade resources at any time. That doesn't constitute a "Cloud" service does it?

• Are you sure that your vps provider up- & downgrade at any time and you get your money back for the resources you don't used to the end of the month? And all resources can be used and shared for different VPSs at any time? I don't know any one which do this without any cloud solution?

A CloudVM is only a group of resources. The resources inside the CloudVM can be used to deploy different VM instance, delete,..What you mean is the CloudVM instances inside the CloudVM, this is a normal virtual machine like a vps. I think i drop you a test CloudVM to understand it. If you want it send me a message :)

• Out of stock...

• Yes all SSD based CloudVMs are out of stock and sold yesterday. If someone of them reduce the resources it is automatically back in stock.

• I suggest dropping the bit about why its delayed. Heavy patching of proxmox doesn't instill the best warm fuzzy feeling.

• fileMEDIA said: A CloudVM is only a group of resources. The resources inside the CloudVM can be used to deploy different VM instance, delete,..What you mean is the CloudVM instances inside the CloudVM, this is a normal virtual machine like a vps. I think i drop you a test CloudVM to understand it. If you want it send me a message :)

Ah, well, now I'm starting to understand. :) I did not mean to criticize. I simply did not understand your difference from typical VPS providers.

What you describe is excellent, but I'd argue is not "cloud". At the end of the day it's a VM with local storage on a single server, no? Until of course you implement those new features that bring HA, SAN storage and multiple locations.

edited February 2014

Patches ares required for proxmox to use VXLAN instead of VLANs to offer a high amount of isolated networks for example. You must rewrite the network perl scripts for it. You need a patched Kernel >3.7 with VXLAN support, iproute2,..all things must tested before you can release it.

sleddog said: What you describe is excellent, but I'd argue is not "cloud". At the end of the day it's a VM with local storage on a single server, no?

Almost correct, it's a collection of VMs on a bunch of nodes. Yes but one VM is only active at one hypervisor at the same time. When you shutdown it, it can be possible that it leave this node and goes to another on caused by a load balancing script.

You must understand it as flexible resources cloud at the moment and not a fully virtualized cloud like amazon.

Thanked by 3Mark_R alexvolk sleddog
  • @fileMEDIA do you plan to close KVM VPS and move all current customers to the cloud ?

• Yes we think so. But for the customers don't change anything. Prices, ressources,.. are the same. Only the web gui is different.

Thanked by 2Mark_R alexvolk
  • @fileMEDIA said:
    Yes we think so. But for the customers don't change anything. Prices, ressources,.. are the same. Only the web gui is different.

Great and the last question, why additional Bandwidth cost more than €10 ?

It's better to have small plans rather buying additional bandwidth.

Thanks.

• Additonal bandwidth costs as much as we pay for it. We pass the traffic prices directly to the customers. We can offer cheaper traffic in our plans because we can calculate it better to change our monthly bandwidth commit. The traffic over the commitment costs us 10€ and we pass it to our customers. In our new colo which we start in a few weeks we can offer additional traffic for around 2€.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • ``> @fileMEDIA said:

Additonal bandwidth costs as much as we pay for it. We pass the traffic prices directly to the customers. We can offer cheaper traffic in our plans because we can calculate it better to change our monthly bandwidth commit. The traffic over the commitment costs us 10€ and we pass it to our customers. In our new colo which we start in a few weeks we can offer additional traffic for around 2€.

1) I see, now it makes sense but still I can't understand, if the customers purchasing additional bandwidth at the start why it's so high ?

You know if the customer purchased 1 TB bandwidth at the start and at the middle of the month he wants more , it's okay to charge with those price but still why the price so high for the start ?

2) When exactly the new location will be launched or it's already ready ?

Thank you.

edited February 2014

1) It's easy, we must (or can) change our bandwidth commit each month on the 25th and order the bandwidth (not traffic) for the colo. We order the commit which we use to provide the inclusive traffic in our plans.

When we need additional traffic (e.g. customers order more traffic) we cannot change the commit but must order additional traffic for our commit. This additional traffic costs us 10€ because it is out of our commit and this amount charge we for our customers 1:1.

2) Location is nearly installed, it missing a few servers for our SAN. After that we do lot's of stress tests and routing works and after that we release it. This work should be need 3 weeks.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • Please keep away from dedify.com, the biggest hustlers I have meet. There server is no worth a cent, have taking screen shot on how they limit my account so I can't delete services or create working services!

DON'T BE A FOOL LIKE ME! KEEP AWAY, DEDIFY.COM IS A HUSTLER COMPANY!

• We don't discuss with people which calls us as nazi or something. Talk it in a proper way.

As we said, nothing is blocked or limited. Your problem is the technical understanding. CIDR like 0.0.0.0/24 or something do not make any sense.

• I'm going to make a screen recording to show people how bad your service is :-D

• Next time when you want to make people look like fools, use some up 2 date informations instead?

• Great job, you have also shutdown my server? for what reason?
    For people that want a screenshot, pm me :)