Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PingFS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PingFS

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited April 2012 in General

http://www.blindcode.net/

Maybe a good method to store backups of LEBs ;-)

Comments

• AdamAdam Member
    edited April 2012

SSHFS

• Nice method to waste packets

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Adam said: SSHFS

As I interpret this, pingfs is quite different. SSHFS is "mount a directory via ssh and use it as a local filesystem". pingfs is "keep packets bouncing around constantly and tuck some data into each ICMP packet, building a filesystem on top of it".

As with many things on the internet, neat and interesting but useless.

• It's a shame S3 does not have a FTP interface. What we really need is a SolusVM solution that can backup to S3. That was the one feature in VirtualMin Pro that I loved was it's ability to backup to S3 buckets.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

@FRCorey said: It's a shame S3 does not have a FTP interface. What we really need is a SolusVM solution that can backup to S3. That was the one feature in VirtualMin Pro that I loved was it's ability to backup to S3 buckets.

[offtopic]
    I found GoDaddy's online storage to be pretty cheap, and they DO have FTP for upload.
    Check it out here
    [/offtopic]

• @raindog308 said: pingfs is "keep packets bouncing around constantly and tuck some data into each ICMP packet, building a filesystem on top of it".

As with many things on the internet, neat and interesting but useless.

Exactly :) i would like to try it and see how many data it can store, but i'm afraid to get filtered for DDoSsing :S

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Ping 127.0.0.1 :)

• I don't get it