Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedi , which one to choose from
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedi , which one to choose from

ahmiqahmiq Member
edited January 2014 in General

Hi ,

I am looking at these cheap Dedi's. 10 Euro ones , which one is better ( i dont have experience with dedi's before) , may be someone is using any of these and shed some light on these.

1) PS-1 Celeron® 220 1c / 1t 1.2 GHz+ 2 GB 500 GB 100 Mbit/s /128 == **9.60 Euro/Month , Kimsufi**

2) VIA Nano U2250 1.6Ghz (No IPMI) Paris, FR 1x 160GB 2GB 1Gbps 1* = **9 Euro/Month** , Oneprovider.com

3) Builder Dell Dell DCS Processor VIA1x VIA ® Nano ® U2250 Architecture [email protected] 1 GHz x64, VT RAM 2GB KVM IP (on request) Storage 500GB hybrid SSD + Datacenter Datacenter DC3 2N Connectivity 1 Gbit / s Internal bandwidth 1 Gbit / s Internet bandwidth guarantee Premium 150 Mbit / s Traffic unlimited IPv4 addresses 1 IPv4 address IPv6 address block / 48 **Online.net 9.99 Euro/month**

Comments

• Go with online.net, if you don't select any extras like backups the price will drop to 7 euros. Try not to select any extras before you complete the order and you will see. And one more thing: they don't charge setup fees like kimsufi.

• Kimsufi sucks - "Personal" servers with 1 IPv4 - shitty support through a French forum - stay away big time!

• Last time I bought my server on Online.net I only need to wait 20 minutes to receive my dedicated. On Kimsufi it usually takes longer, sometimes even weeks.

• @shrubbles said:
    Last time I bought my server on Online.net I only need to wait 20 minutes to receive my dedicated. On Kimsufi it usually takes longer, sometimes even weeks.

thanks for the recommendations. Their B/W is unlimited? or has some caps. Also , if i had to re-install O/S , do they charge anything?( sorry if i sound annoying).

Also , i have my own windows licence , can it be used there?

• shrubblesshrubbles Member
    edited January 2014

In my plan I can't see a re-install option. Perhaps I will need to open a ticket or pay something. About the bandwidth - I don't know if they will cap at some point because I don't use too much bandwidth. I use this server only for learning purposes and for some game servers.

There is a thread here at LET about the bandwidth matter: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/16203/online-net-silently-reducing-guaranteed-bandwidth

• If you would like I can subbmit a support ticket to them asking about the re-install.

• Sorry for my lapse, I can see a install button on my panel, not a re-install button. Anyway, I've already send the support ticket.

• @shrubbles said:
    Sorry for my lapse, I can see a install button on my panel, not a re-install button. Anyway, I've already send the support ticket.

thanks , i also want to use it for learning purposes.

• I used online.net and they are very good

No limit on bandwidth and you can re-install the OS for free, I don't know about the windows but you can open a ticket and ask them

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited February 2014

shrubbles said: Go with online.net, if you don't select any extras like backups the price will drop to 7 euros.

Your payment was probably pro-rated, they charge 9.99 EUR month.

I have used one of these Via Nano as a seedbox for legal torrents. My biggest complaint was the via nano sucks hard. If it was dual core it could be great.

I have used the equivalent of the actual Dedibox LT 16G for a few months and it was great. Great Euro connectivity and ok connectivity to NA. Great server too. Didn't had to open any support ticket while I was a online.net customer.

I left them because of 2 big "no-no"s:

• you have to agre to a "no limits" paypal recurring payment.
    • and ips are pricey as hell.
  • the oneprovider is from online.net too so it was better to go for online net directly, they can give u the control panel to reinstall and reboot. for kimsufi it also good