Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranking Dedicated Server Hosts I have used over the years
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ranking Dedicated Server Hosts I have used over the years

gforcezachgforcezach Member
edited January 2014 in Reviews

This post is going to be me ranking dedicated server hosts by my own, personal experience. I have used a handful of them and have found what I like and what I don't like about each one. I would like to hear your personal opinions or experiences with any of the providers I have listed below. (The order goes from worse to best)

Joe's Datacenter - This goes without saying, "you get what you pay for" Joes is an awesome budget host for very small projects or running a personal site, but would never recommend them for anything more than that.

Wholesale Internet - Wholesale was a decent datacenter for colocation. The pricing was good and the network was decent, but it was similar to Joes. I ran some game servers from here and while people had decent connection, DDoS attacks would ravage your server. (I believe they're in the same facility as Joe's)

Steadfast Networks - Steadfast's pricing (was) high when I was with them. The price for what you got wasn't quite worth it.

Ubiquity Servers - Ubiquity probably had the best connection to users on average over any of the providers I'm listing. (Chicago location) The only problem I saw with Ubiquity was their offsite staff, which isn't always a bad thing, but I prefer in office staff. (This may have changed since I used them a few years back)

Softlayer - Softlayer is over rated in my opinion. Exceptional high quality bandwidth that gets the job done, but for a price. Softlayer is a very well organized company and rarely sees error. The reason I feel that it is over rated is the price you pay for their services. Their sales team is not very knowledgeable and seem inexperienced in the field of technology. Other than that, they're a company with a huge foundation.

Singlehop - Singlehop was really an awesome experience. Their staff were extremely friendly and always willing to help. The idea of automation that they're built behind is a very interesting concept. The fastest I had a server deployed from invoice payment confirmation was around 50 minutes. The biggest problem is that I see is their pricing. I feel it could be slightly lower, but I would consider them more enterprise for large websites than running VPS servers and web hosting.

PhoenixNAP - PhoenixNAP has great pricing and a pretty good network. I do feel that their company is unorganized, though. I've had a few issues, but they've always worked extremely hard to get them resolved and make sure I remain a satisfied customer.

Limestone Networks - Limestone has always been there for me. I have never in my time hosting with them had any major issue that is on their end. Their DDoS mitigation techniques that are included with every server are simply amazing. There is no better deal on the planet than Limestone Networks. They have exceptional pricing on bullet-proof equipment. If you're looking looking to get a server for any field of hosting, Limestone is the all-around best solution for the job.

Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion and my experiences. I'm not trying to drive anyone away from one company and toward another, this is just a review from my experiences with these companies.

Thanked by 2badpatrick sclaeys

Comments