Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHub--Be Careful about Cancelation issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHub--Be Careful about Cancelation issue

NingNing Member
edited January 2014 in Reviews

I bought ServerHub $6.99 VPS(2g ram, 5ip,one core) listed by LEB Advertisement. It runs on ok at first, but network issue happened recently,for more than a week. The apt-get update code could only get an download speed about less than 100k bps instead of 100 m bps!.
I opened one ticket and got quick response with 30 minutes, they state there is network issue which they are fixing.

CPU model :  Genuine Intel(R) CPU  @ 2.00GHz
Number of cores : 1
CPU frequency :  1999.781 MHz
Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime :   2 days, 8:25,

Moreover, the cancelation policy is different,as a first time user, I did not notice it before opened an ticket to cancel service . The responses are Listed as follows,

3.8 Service Cancellations, Terms and Deadlines:
======

Service cancellation requests for the following month must be submitted prior to your following month invoice generating, which typically occurs 14 days prior to your anniversary date. By cancelling in advance your avoid being responsible for the next month of service. 

Cancellations that are submitted after our 14 day notice requirement, will still be subject to any fees for the next billing cycle where notification was not given, your service will terminate after the end of your next billing cycle.

So if you are an first time user, take care about the cancellation date issue.

Comments

• Have you even tried to work with them by submitting a ticket? I'm sure they would get this resolved instead of you creating a post about it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Or reading their TOS?

• VPNVPN Member

I think the OP is posting this more as reminder to people that you should always read the ToS and AUP for ANYTHING you sign up to as opposed to posting just to bash ServerHub

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Ning said:

typically occurs 14 days prior to your anniversary date. By cancelling in advance your avoid being responsible for the next month of service.

I am not married so I guess I can cancel when ever I want then?

Thanked by 2dhamaniasad rsk
  • @Jade_G said:
    Have you even tried to work with them by submitting a ticket? I'm sure they would get this resolved instead of you creating a post about it.

" I opened one ticket and got quick response with 30 minutes, they state there is network issue which they are fixing."

@OkieDoke said:
    I think the OP is posting this more as reminder to people that you should always read the ToS and AUP for ANYTHING you sign up to as opposed to posting just to bash ServerHub

This.

• retryretry Member
    edited January 2014

@wych

said: So if you are an first time user, take care about the cancellation date issue.

I think he meant that.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I am not married so I guess I can cancel when ever I want then?

good point.. hahahahaha