Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any interest in cheap Dual L5520's?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any interest in cheap Dual L5520's?

Just looking at stock that we're likely to start pensioning off soon and we have a pile of HP BL460's with Dual L5520s which will be replaced with the newer G8s with E3/E5 processors.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll see if we can get Delimiter to make an offer for them next month.

I'd assume a spec of Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB Disk.

Comments

• $2 a month paid yearly sounds like a good deal

• It depends on the price

• Around $50/month

• Sounds about right. $50 seems to be about the average with those server specs.

• I would love to try them if the price is reasonable

• Let me know @MarkTurner in fact save me one if at all possible. Would be nice if they could be a bit cheaper as well.

• I might be interested depending upon final price decision.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

A bit interested here, maybe with an optional SSD?

• $50/month $120/quarter?

• This is more of fishing exercise to see if there is enough interest. If there is then I'll push Delimiter to make an offering.

• If you beat FlipHost's offer, might give it a try...

• A fishing exercise? Looks more like marketing to me. It's quite obvious that the L5520 systems are popular right now.

• If the price is cheap, I may have interest

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2014

@fizzyjoe908 - not marketing, there is no sensibly priced L5520 offer from Delimiter right now. We're about to have quite few BL460 G6's come to the end of their leases, so either they're back to HP or buy them out and offload to one of our brands like Delimiter.

But to do that there has to be the ability to move them. The X5150 offer flew off the shelf and I think we have moved about 30-31 chassis of those blades over the past month and a half.

The real question is whether there is interest in a higher spec blade at a higher price point. It doesn't mean it will come to anything, its purely fishing.

• @MarkTurner How many IP will it come with?

• @vRozenSch00n - its purely a concept right now. By my guestimate Delimiter would need to be able to move 300-400 servers to make management interested in doing something. My benchmark is the X5150's which we did about 500 units over 6 weeks.

My gut feeling - if this happened it would be something like Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB disk and /29 subnet.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @MarkTurner said:
    vRozenSch00n - its purely a concept right now. By my guestimate Delimiter would need to be able to move 300-400 servers to make management interested in doing something. My benchmark is the X5150's which we did about 500 units over 6 weeks.

My gut feeling - if this happened it would be something like Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB disk and /29 subnet.

TBH, it would be hard to move that many of these.

A few providers are offering similar.

• There will be an abundance of L5520 coming of lease and will float the market. You need something better than that to be honest. Maybe a second SSD for quarter payment and 55$

• @jeffreywinters - I think this like the X5150 deal depends on pricing. The X5150 pricing was insanely low so it became a impulse purchase.

There is no reason why the L5520 (if it were to happen) could also be aggressively priced

• @Jupiter - Thats exactly whats happening for us, we're at the end of lease for for a tonne of G6's and we're shuffling in the G8's now.

• MarkTurner said: @Jupiter - Thats exactly whats happening for us, we're at the end of lease for for a tonne of G6's and we're shuffling in the G8's now.

The problem is IO performance with those L5520. If you can add second SSD drive and your network rocks i would be willing to buy a couple

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

At that price (or lower as you suggest may be possible), you'll likely sell all of them to cryptocoin miners. You may want to account for that in your power usage calculations when determining pricing.

• Offer a back up drive or some kind of in-house back up san/ftp.

• @Jupiter - The BL460c G6 has an E200i RAID controller on-board, its not too shoddy.

@qps - we just offloaded all our old L5639's to miners, they were sold in about 4 hours.

• @hdpixel - we do that on a couple of other brands but no-one seems to use it. We give ftp/rsync/scp accessible space but out the terrabytes given, literally no-one uses it.

• MarkTurner said: The BL460c G6 has an E200i RAID controller on-board, its not too shoddy.

Yeah sorry i was talking about the Dell ones

• @Jupiter - the market is full of those C1100 units. I am not big Dell fan, everytime I've been near one something goes wrong.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Jupiter - the market is full of those C1100 units. I am not big Dell fan, everytime I've been near one something goes wrong.

Interesting enough we've had more issues with HP, but hey who knows. They all sell a lot of servers and each has its problems.

• @MarkTurner
    I'd definitely be interested. Any special offers for existing customers :P?

• @AutoSnipe said:
    $2 a month paid yearly sounds like a good deal

agreed