Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SURVEY: Feed my curiosity! My curiosity hungers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SURVEY: Feed my curiosity! My curiosity hungers.

hoczajhoczaj Member
edited January 2014 in General

Hi,

I made a small survey, you can fill it by a simple reply.

*Please note, that the last 4 question is about your VPS (or VPS Industry) not LET. Thanks!

1. Why are you here at LowEndTalk?
  2. What is the main point for you when it comes to buy a VPS?
  3. What is your main problem with your VPS?
    3.1 [Optional] (I do not have a VPS) What is the main problem with the VPS Industry?
  4. What would happen if that problem would get solved?
  5. What do you think, what improvement would be the BEST for your VPS (or VPS Industry)?

If you are already using a VPS, where did you get it? :)

Comments

1. Drama, Fun and most of all for some good offers
    2. Price and Reputation
    3. None
    4. Nothing, I will come back to LEB/LET tomorrow as usually.
    5. Commitment and Maintaining it.
    Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited January 2014

Uhm the last four question is not about the LET. :) It is about the VPSes.

1. Looking for nice offers.
    2. Scalability. I do not like offers with 1gb ram, and 100gb HDD. While my needs are 1gb ram, 3gb hdd. :)
    3. That my current providers' products are not really scaleable.
    4. I would be a happier customer.
    5. Easy, "one-click" (3+ server) cluster setup. :)
    1. It's a good pass time
    2. Price, storage, ram
    3. I can never have a VPS up for longer than 50 days, i'm cursed. :( My main issue is that the market is very volatile
    4. We'd live in harmony and there wouldn't be any more drama here, but what fun would that be?
    5. I'd love it if every host had a similar SolusVM URL.... (i.e. solus.somehost.com)
    Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • c0yc0y Member
    edited January 2014
    1. Read bullshit
    2. The person who runs it having a vision, know what he's doing, preferably very technical and isn't in for a quick buck
    3. The wide variety of amateur hosts running shitty software knowing 0 of what happens underneath the pretty web panels
    4. The cycle would start all over again
    5. It isn't part of the hosting industry, ever since the highest resource bottom price racing started a clear line between professional hosts for generic use and amateur overselling niche hosts for hobbyists started to appear
    Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited January 2014
    1. I don't know man.
    2. I buy vps if I need one. Not because the deal is good like many people here do.
    3. None. I buy from providers that usually don't have problems.
    4. What problem?
    5. More SSD for some reason.

I have two VPS' in total, one from Prometeus, and one from RamNode. Probably buying one from Backupsy soon.

Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • DeftNerdDeftNerd Member
    edited January 2014
    1. To find good deals and learn more about the industry. I was considering starting my own VPS service, but the drama here makes me reconsider.
    2. Price, signs that the operator is technically competent (IPv6, not just using WHCMS to admin, updated ISO's, etc), not being oversold, reasonable support response times.
    3. Still costs a lot when its not used & too easy for unscrupulous providers to browse through my file systems
    4. I'll be able to build out a service I want to build at a reasonable rate without worrying about a provider destroying everything by stealing info from my systems.
    5. Resource-based pricing. Charge a nominal base rate for an account and then bill for resource usage (IO activity, net activity, CPU activity, memory usage, etc).
    Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited January 2014
    1. IDK Why am I here?

2. Most likely because I happen to need one.

3. I generally have no problems with my VPS because I choose wisely. (3.1) Too many wankers that only know how to point and click and not much else.

4. The industry might actually become more stable like it used to be before all this shit happened.

5. The industry needs a major overhaul. I will not say anymore then that.

Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • thanks for your answers. What about you, others? :)

• TheCTSTheCTS Member
    edited February 2014

Why are you here at LowEndTalk?

To read the drama and formulate opinions of hosts.

What is the main point for you when it comes to buy a VPS?

Pricing for the amount of resources that are provided.

What is your main problem with your VPS?

I don't have any real problems right now with any of the hosts I go through, surprisingly.

What is the main problem with the VPS Industry?

It's too stale. Every host has the same offers and same datacenters. It will stay that way because this is low endbox.

What would happen if that problem would get solved?

Hell would break lose.

What do you think what improvement would be the BEST for your VPS (or VPS Industry)?

That seems like a ambiguous question and I don't know how to answer it.

I have VPS from 2xCVPS 1xGVH 1xCrissic 1xReverseHost that are pretty much identical in specs except for GVH with dat 100TB bandwidth.

• Why are you here at LowEndTalk?

To answer peoples questions on how to do things and to learn more from the community regarding our low end boxes.

What is the main point for you when it comes to buy a VPS?

Reliability and credibility of the host and then the resources per £ ratio.

What is your main problem with your VPS?

More hosts need to install the required modules for IPsec on their node kernels.

What is the main problem with the VPS Industry?

To quote @TheCTS "It's too stale. Every host has the same offers and same datacenters."

What would happen if that problem would get solved?

People on here wouldn't be able to handle it and there would be a witch hunt claiming everyone was owned by CC and that we should just shut down the internet now to protect ourselves from them.

What do you think, what improvement would be the BEST for your VPS (or VPS Industry)?

Someone needs to offer something ground breaking that is also realistically priced and offered. A bit like how OVH used to be with their dedicated servers before they introduced the setup fees.

If you are already using a VPS, where did you get it? :)

VPS: RamNode, Backupsy, EvoRack, OVH and PhoenixVPS

Dedi: OVH, QuickPacket, ServerHub and PoundHost.

• 1) I'm on LET for Industry news. Great deals. Popcorn.

2) Purchases based on Top providers poll results and reviews.

3) One is lacking customer support communication. I'm extremely happy with the other VPS services I have.

4) I see offers getting bigger and bigger while prices are going down. Competition is great for the customer but I worry about some companies not being able to compete in the future.

5) No major improvements needed for my services.

VPS's were purchased via LET/LEB offers. Prometeus, Crissic, RamNode, VPSDime, INIZ, GreenValueHost.

• princeshokoprinceshoko Member
    edited February 2014

@hoczaj

1: Good prices, good like minded people. A place to be social

2: Known provider in community with good reviews.

3: I don't really have issues, but i bet one is VPS providers who aren't very familiar with running a server.

4: The saturated market would become more saturated.

5: I agree with@DeftNerd