Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor.com

Mark_RMark_R Member
edited January 2014 in General

Hello,

Did any of you tried the control panel offered at virtualizor.com?

their prices seem fair and overall it is good looking.

I'm suprised that everyone sticks with solus when there are panels like this around at a lower price, is there something wrong with this panel? i couldn't find much feedback about it.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting

Comments

• In my experience it is a good panel, but it isn't as "weathered" as SolusVM.

• @0xdragon said:
    In my experience it is a good panel, but it isn't as "weathered" as SolusVM.

And by weathered you mean hacked to smithereens as much as Solus?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@0xdragon said:
    In my experience it is a good panel, but it isn't as "weathered" as SolusVM.

I guess i'm just going to try this panel, it appears to be having all the features i need and i think that the seller is legit (softaculous.com.)

If it turns out that some critical features are missing i'll make a update post to this thread.

• c0yc0y Member

The panel is terrible, worse in use than Solus and some code seems 1:1 copied from Solus (yes, I decompile stuff a bit before I even bother with it in production)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Actually a few years ago I would have said stay away, bad none responsive support etc, not sure when exactly softaculous got involved but the whole thing seems more grown up and actually more advanced in some areas than solusvm now who lets be honest are stagnating right now.

Interesting......

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@c0y said:
    The panel is terrible, worse in use than Solus and some code seems 1:1 copied from Solus (yes, I decompile stuff a bit before I even bother with it in production)

Could you describe in more details what is terrible about this virtualizor panel?

i haven't purchased it yet so i might reconsider if there is alot negative points about this panel.

EDIT:

I dont mind if theres code in it that was been stolen from other software, aslong it all works and got improved afterwards im OK with it.

• Mark_R said: Could you describe in more details what is terrible about this virtualizor panel?

i haven't purchased it yet so i might reconsider if there is alot negative points about this panel.

It is an absolute pain to install AFAIK and appears to take parts of the SolusVM backend to power it.

• It sure does look catchy, but when I tried it a few months ago, it still had many issues, which I don't recall right now, but I ended up removing it within hours.

• @0xdragon said:
    It is an absolute pain to install AFAIK and appears to take parts of the SolusVM backend to power it.

It looks like they made it easy to install http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Install_Xen

did you encounter errors? when did you last try it?

Actually forget what I said, I see they still have documentation on the wiki that still jus has "this will be the page for XYZ" not completed since 2010

http://www.hostguard.net/ you might want to consider that instead :)

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    Actually forget what I said, I see they still have documentation on the wiki that still jus has "this will be the page for XYZ" not completed since 2010

That panel looks great too! i'm open for alternatives this will really help me decide which panel is the best suitable.

IMO the best panel is cloudmin however it is not the best "looking" or most intuitive panel by a long stretch, feature set wise though it is 110% better than the rest.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Looks good but does not support XEN as of now.I hope to see some panel which supports all latest features of XEN because Solusvm don't look serious in doing so.

• Which latest features do you need?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@rds100 said:
    Which latest features do you need?

Mainly network limiting features to prevent users from sending powerful DoS attacks (limit max mb/s speed) and to limit bandwidth + something that prevents ip-stealing.

I've been using proxmox now (KVM VM) but appearently it is possible to steal someone elses IP, in my eyes this is not acceptable.

EDIT:

I just noticed it was meant as reply to someone else, anyways this are My priorities for a suitable panel.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited January 2014

It's very easy to use and manage, a simple panel which doesn't have that much functionality and extension as SolusVM.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

@rds100 said:
    Which latest features do you need?

Solus still supports XEN 3.X instead of 4.X from what many friends told me

For personal use I am using KVM & VMware to run gameservers & last time I used XEN it was 3 years ago but people have told me nothing has changed in Solus to support latest versions of XEN. This is just from what I heard, I could be wrong so I would like @AnthonySmith to confirm it.

@K2Bytes that is correct.

They only bundle a 2006 release of Xen and they don't work with anything 4.x on their own environment which makes base lining issue very hard, not only that but the XL tool stack is still not supported (despite being an option).

Honestly I think SolusVM want to drop Xen, which to me is crazy as Xen has been the old stable for many years and while it started to lag behind for a while in development terms it has made MASSIVE leaps and bounds over the last 12 - 18 months.

I am actively testing other options right now, the most promising so far is cloudmin Pro, I have confirmed OnAPP is an option too and I am really hoping that http://www.hostguard.net/ can deliver a great Xen option too.

By the end of February I will have made my decision and moved on from SolusVM, the development is simply to slow and they don't seem very interested in keeping up either.

I had a conversation with Phill from solus about 3 weeks ago, quite open and frank yet polite about moving away from solusvm after 3 - 4 years, he understood my concerns and asked me to send a list of issues I have with solusvm right now and he would give me honest and frank answers about each one, I did that and never heard back which pretty much made up my mind.

Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of the hat, who knows, they keep saying it is going to be a big year for them, but you know, they said that last year too and all we really got was 3 skin revisions and 3 year old bug reports still not fixed continued to be ignored.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • We are using virtualizor and it's very friendly control panel. Easy to use and easy to configure.. :)
    Just try it. Their support respons late but helps lot.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

@AnthonySmith Isn't OnApp expensive as compared to solus, feathur, hostguard etc?

Also Hostguard was recently launched, I hope they got their code audited & we wouldn't see hosts using them getting compromised again & again.

• I have used virtualizor before, good product. Only downside is httpd likes to halt unexpectedly at times.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

We are using Virtualizator for our BlazingFast product line.

Default templates are not well optimized. All rest is great and comparable to solus VM.

Thanked by 1Mark_R

@K2Bytes said:
    AnthonySmith Isn't OnApp expensive as compared to solus, feathur, hostguard etc?

Also Hostguard was recently launched, I hope they got their code audited & we wouldn't see hosts using them getting compromised again & again.

OnAPP is more expensive but worth it, feathur has no Xen support, hostguard may be new but Nick is well known for his abilities around here so I have confidence in his work.

• Mark_R - I looked at Virtualizor about 3-4 months ago as we bought a company that was using it. Honestly its a dog of a product, whilst I don't like SolusVM, Solus is definitely more well conceived.

Additionally Virtualizor seems very bloated, the multi-server coupling is flimsy at best. I am not a fan of these Softaculous products, they seem like cheap copies of real products. You know like knock-off sunglasses or mobile phone cases.

Support was near to non-existent, they don't respond to flaws in the software - we reported an exploit to them. No response, just ticket closed. As of December that exploit was still usable. Additionally there is no process management, so if their bloated httpd daemon fallsover, you often have to restart it yourself. You can also carry out a denial of service against it as well. Just very flimsy.

Proxmox is a good stable product, personally I use Proxmox and so far have not been disappointed.

SolusVM is usable for commercial VPS providers, but I think ModulesGarden make a module so you can control Proxmox from WHMCS.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2014

I used it for 3 month. If you need any question just PM me. Best panel. SolusVM is hard to use. Virtualizor.. easy job... Simple like Apple :)

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I can set people up with a Hostguard test VPS for 24 hours or so if they would like. Just drop me a PM. Please note I make no guarantees on it's uptime or availability as it's on a testing node.

• @Virtovo said:
    I can set people up with a Hostguard test VPS for 24 hours or so if they would like. Just drop me a PM. Please note I make no guarantees on it's uptime or availability as it's on a testing node.

Do share your initial experience regarding hostguard soon if possible :)

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

@K2Bytes said:

It's been great and the development team are responsive with things being added/improved constantly.

I reported an issue when using SolusVM templates with the panel and it was fixed within minutes and a patch issued.

I'm happy to offer you a test VPS using Hostguard if you'd like.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Virtovo said:

Thanks for the offer but I am more interested in exploring good alternatives to Solus myself.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And feathur?