Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS in Dallas or Washington
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS in Dallas or Washington

AsimAsim Member
edited March 2012 in General

Can anyone point me to a VPS provider in Dallas or Washington?
Ideally with yearly plans? want to put a cPanel-DNSonly node there

Comments

• 123Systems

/trollface

• AsimAsim Member

@Legendlink lol, thanks for letting me know but I need a stable provider

• Thrustvps does dallas

• Haha yeah, nothing else comes to mind though :)

• NickMNickM Member

I've used ThrustVPS and Semoweb in Dallas. ThrustVPS isn't as terrible as some here might make them out to be. Their smallest plan is 512MB (burst to 1GB) with 4 cores for $5.95. I still have one VPS with ThrustVPS, even though I could migrate everything on it to another provider, so as I said, it's acceptable, but it might not be quite as low end as you're looking for.

I didn't have a good experience with Semoweb. Terrible I/O and random reboots.

I've heard decent things about CorgiTech, which is also in Dallas. No personal experience with them though.

• BudgetVM (Enzu) does Xen VPSs in Dallas.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

LoomHosts do Dallas however I don't think they do yearly plans unless you ask @Boltersdriveer directly.

• SemoWeb in Dallas is terrible from a performance perspective.

I've got 2 of them there (each is "Special VPS Sale" == $21/year). If you value cost over performance and stability, SemoWeb in Dallas might be a consideration. Otherwise, forget it.

• innyainnya Member

@Asim you know corgiTech in dallas
    for washington , either hostmist or quickweb.

• LESLES Member
    edited March 2012

Hostitek $12/Y Dallas - Disk: 10GB - Bandwidth : 250GB - RAM : 128MB/256MB
    Urpad, sshVM, dmehosting, spacerich

• @LES said: Hostitek $12/Y Dallas - Disk: 10GB - Bandwidth : 250GB - RAM : 128MB/256MB

That sounds awesome, do you know if they still offer this deal?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: That sounds awesome, do you know if they still offer this deal?

Probably not, their website, solusvm, and my VPS are down for a couple of days.

• @Damian said: Probably not, their website, solusvm, and my VPS are down for a couple of days.

The website & billig panel work from here o0

• @gsrdgrdghd said: he website & billig panel work from here o0

Bah, that's annoying. They must be experiencing some weird routing issues. I wasn't able to access them from home this morning, nor from my day job.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

Maybe thats related to this (from their whcms announcements page)

2012/03/28 05:09

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am sorry about that.
    We have received a DMCA pertaining to material hosted on a server under our management ~ Server Scranton.
    The Server had suspend with datacenter, we trying response.
    Thank you for your patience.

There's nothing else about recent issues

• LESLES Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: do you know if they still offer this deal?

Yes for Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle

• @LES said: Yes for Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle

Damn, i would have been interested in Scranton :(

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Damn, i would have been interested in Scranton :(

Hmm, probably they will restock again. According to the LES website they do it continuosly. Only a few at time but they have stock.

@gsrdgrdghd said: We have received a DMCA pertaining to material hosted on a server under our management

I don't like this. I mean, crying just for one DMCA :S

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yomero said: I don't like this. I mean, crying just for one DMCA :S

Is burstnet that anal about DMCA's? I always thought they were more than reasonable when it came to them assuming you showed you weren't lazy.

Francisco

• @Asim @Infinity: Yeah, I rarely do yearlies, though I do have several yearly clients that I deal with on a smaller scale.

• @Nick we have new nodes in Orlando with RAID-10 very nice I/O let me know if you need
    one of these, I can get you on one for free 1 month since you have are a client of ours, I'd love for you to try our new nodes.