Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill released Hostbill Lite - 100$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill released Hostbill Lite - 100$

Hostbill released Hostbill Lite - 100$, very cheap

https://hostbillapp.com/hostbill/lite/

Comments

• I noticed that a few days ago. It seems good but if you want a provisioning module its like $199 + you don't get updates after a year.

Also if your in EU its $122 with VAT

• $100 - for how long?? lol.

• HB still is very costly if added with plugins!

But still Lite can be good for many with specific needs :)

• krs360 said: $100 - for how long?? lol.

One time fee
    hostbillapp.com/order

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@tommy said:
    One time fee

I think @krs360 meant how long before they raise prices / remove products or something else randomly as they do every month.

• @tommy said:

One time fee until they decide they want to charge more and change the price again.

• Dear god that is one long name...

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • skybucks100 said: Dear god that is one long name...

If my laptop was tablet sized, I couldn't have seen their URL :P

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @skybucks100 said:

Dear god that is one long name...

Not sure if actually a name or just random alphabets.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Not sure if actually a name or just random alphabets.

It's a concatenation of Polish names it seems.
    That said, why are people actually falling for a high-priced product by an unstable developer who can't even make up his mind or a business plan? And for that reason changes pricing structure every few months.
    It's one way to get the necessary publicity I guess.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

As I know a bit of polish, those are very legit names.
    It is read something like crishtof beeshchad and crishtof payak more or less in the english pronounciation.

• @iniz you got it in one sir.. tomorrow it has every chance of being $200 or more looking at how they've acted over the last 8 months? or so.

• LeeLee Veteran

Totally not worth it, if you follow their pricing you can bet that in a years time it will be $999 to renew or something crazy!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • While they do change their pricing alot, they will honor previously set prices. Our license was purchased early last year before they increased the prices and it is still honored.

Thanked by 1Maounique

fizzyjoe908 said: While they do change their pricing alot, they will honor previously set prices. Our license was purchased early last year before they increased the prices and it is still honored.

We purchased it a couple of years ago and there are no issues with the licensing.
    However, they do charge to fix the functionality they break between upgrades. We planned to sell iwstack through it, but this behaviour forced us to go over to whmcs for that goal :(.

• @Maounique I have not seen any issues caused by the weekly updates. Though based on the changelog, they seem to break their OnApp and CloudStack modules quite frequently. I'm not familiar with how iwstack operates but if it relies on either of those platforms, I can see what you mean.

• SkylarM said: One time fee until they decide they want to charge more and change the price again.

yes, as what they do in past. but for $100 (right now) and lifetime that still cheap for freelance like me :D

@fizzyjoe908 said:
    Maounique I have not seen any issues caused by the weekly updates. Though based on the changelog, they seem to break their OnApp and CloudStack modules quite frequently. I'm not familiar with how iwstack operates but if it relies on either of those platforms, I can see what you mean.

Yes, IWStack is using cloudstack.

• HostBill is a crap, simply don't use it.

You'll ask why ?

Have you seen the source code of HostBill ?

Put it simply, HostBill is a ripped version of whmcs (version 3.5) with a bit of rewrite.

• @alexvolk said:
    HostBill is a crap, simply don't use it.

You'll ask why ?

Put it simply, HostBill is a ripped version of whmcs (version 3.5) with a bit of rewrite.

Well done to them if that's the case ;) They've made it look a hell of a lot better.

• @Reece said:
    Well done to them if that's the case ;) They've made it look a hell of a lot better.

It looks better in terms of design, but in terms of security not good at all.

• What would make better sence is for a lower recurring price for something like this. As for now, Ill stay with WHMCS.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited January 2014

@alexvolk said:
    HostBill is a crap, simply don't use it.

You'll ask why ?

I have seen bits of the source code; and it doesn't resemble version 3.5 thats for sure :)

Either way; I would no longer recommend it! Its way over priced for what it is.

• @LV_Matt said:
    Either way; I would no longer recommend it! Its way over priced for what it is.

I was talking about the first versions of HostBill where you could see exactly.

• I'm not sure if they did copy an early version of WHMCS or not. Either way, it certainly doesn't look like it from the outside.

However, the file names and database structure is strangely similar.

• Free advertising for HostBill, lol.
    Took the guy a while to do it. I've sent several messages to him asking for a low cost - branded - version between $200 ~ $300, owned, with a $45 ~ $50 renewal fee for updates. Of course, my point was that he should leave most modules in there that are useful to small providers. Just like back in the day. Looks like he took a portion of the idea, however this crap called "HostBill Light" is garbage.

My idea was simple: get more market share and reach a larger audience, let others develop for your platform.

All in all I think that HostBill is really decent software, with a talented developer behind it that sadly is no business man. He should hire someone else to do the marketing for him and run the business, so that he can focus on what he knows best: development.

• Hostbill cannot be considered safe, just because less users which obviously means lesser people trying to hack.

Thanked by 1TekStorm_James
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

This can be a Good news for the ones looking for something different than WHMCS at a lower price.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2014

One Design for 100 USD... at their site. (Client Theme). Time to null it... No monthly fee or something. 100 USD and 600 USD... Yep its one time but... little bit much... / Still use whmcs :) , Not bad at all ^^ /

• I bought one of the $99 licenses as I really wanted to use Hostbill. I'm well aware of Kris's shenanigans and price continual price adjustments so I knew this wouldn't last long so I bit the bullet and purchased a license. I have since noticed that the option of a lite version have been removed and a price increase from $599 to $799 has occurred for the Owned license. I really don't know what Kris is playing at. I'm glad I got a license though as I don't need much functionality so the lite version suits me fine. Just glad I got in whilst I had the chance.