Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small VPS for VPN.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small VPS for VPN.

Hi, Currently I have been involved in FF:XIV with some friends of mine. Problem being, there seems to be some sort of weird route overload between many ISP's and Square's Datacenter in Canada. Mainly all the friends I know with issues are using Verizon Fios. Stems from a hop at Alter.net and there seems to be several threads about it, not only relating to FF:XIV. So we ran into a program called WTFast, which basically in my mind is a glorified VPN client. But it does solve the issues they are having. The program costs $6 dollars a month to use. I told them I could probably come up with a solution for a lot less.

So if others think this is a option, I would love to find a VPS in NY(NYC,Buffalo) or just north in Canada. This will only be used for VPN, looking to pay monthly only. I use to see all the 128MB deals all the time but sadly can not seem to find any. Would love to pay less then $2 dollars monthly if possible.

Stats from the game: According to WTFast, this thing is using less then 2Kb/s to play the game, assuming this is one way, Assume 4 Kb/s. My rough estimate for Bandwidth was no more then 50-100Kb/s for a couple of users on at once and around 80GB of transfer a month.

Would love some suggestions.

Comments