Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for multiple VPSes for my project (~$5/year or Sponsored)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for multiple VPSes for my project (~$5/year or Sponsored)

seikanseikan Member
edited January 2014 in Requests

As some of you might know that I just launched a project called DNMin.

Due to increment of users, I now needing more slaves to distribute the query burdens. I'm looking VPS with following specs. Kindly contact me if you able to provide the service.

Virtualization: XEN/KVM
IPv4 x 1
Memory: 64~96 MB
Disk Space: 2 GB
Bandwidth: 5 GB
CPU Core: 1 or more
Price: ~$5/year or sponsored or donated

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I have another one, want one?

• @netomx Thanks for the offer. Please PM me for details.

Unfortunately, the VPS you provided last time is no longer accessible :(

• I know you ask for xen or kvm. But what about ovz?

256 ram
    10gb ssd
    1 core
    100gb bandwidth

It's just sitting around doing nothing

• 256 MB RAM
    25 Units CPU
    10 GB HDD
    KVM

10.0 Gbps

I've PMed you the specifics.

• It seems like something wrong with LET or my account. I can never receive any PM recently.

• @seikan

Did you get it now?

• mikegmikeg Member
    edited January 2014

@seikan I can donate you a VPS. Sign up at https://clients.viralvps.com and open a support ticket.

• @seikan, I would love to know more about your infrastructure. I'm building a site that monitors cryptocurrency addresses in part by proxying requests to API's. I'm spreading the load across half a dozen VPS's and I've ended up settling on writing RabbitMQ consumer bots in Python.

What did you end up choosing to distribute your tasks to your worker bee VPS's?

Also, see if any of the WHOIS sites you scrape have IPV6 capabilities. I bet you can get a VPS host with a lot of IP6 addresses and rotate through those to make it seem like the traffic is coming from different IP's. Maybe try to get one of the low-cost VPN vendors to give you a free account and automate VPN connections to get more IP addresses?

• @mikeg Thanks for the offer, order created.

• @DeftNerd IPv6 is not usable at this moment as most Whois servers only supporting IPv4. Using a VPN services took times to create a new connection for each query. Also, VPN may facing lag or network issues. It takes more times to diagnose any network related issues in future.

• seikan said: @mikeg Thanks for the offer, order created.

Your VPS should be active now.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited January 2014

Open a ticket with us and we can donate/sponsor a 64MB to your project :)

• edited January 2014

@seikan

Place an order here and send me a PM. We can sponsor a 256MB VPS.
    [link removed by myself]

• @mikeg @Maximum_VPS @Andy

Thanks guys, VPS received!

• i83i83 Member

We may be able to help you, our offer thread can be found here, feel free to PM me about sponsorship.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited January 2014

seikan, i have but are openvz, tell me if is ok.

miami, dallas, chicago or los angeles

• @dedicados Thanks for your offer, but I prefer XEN/KVM at this time.

• @seikan, I left a message via your blog contact page :)

• I'm really appreciated those who are offering resources and support. This project is now able to run as wished. Backends has been upgraded to serve better and faster Whois data. Thanks all!

• Nice to hear that. You have some large ads on your site. With the need of additional resources due to increased usage you might be able to use the income of the ads to fund the servers?

Or just remove them completely, if there is no turnover through them?

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @Shigawire said:
    Or just remove them completely, if there is no turnover through them?

That's the reason why I don't trust this type of projects where owners getting free VPS and earning money from ADS. Be sure if you'll ask him to sell all accounts with domains - he will do it!

• It is not about trust, but i think this just doesn't go together.
    Receiving a free service from others for free while having the intent to make money from it (Which also states the limit of 100 domains - or did i get something wrong here?)

Anyways, nice project though