Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of providers offering internal IP addresses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of providers offering internal IP addresses

Hello guys,

i could swear i once saw a thread about exactly this, but could not find it :(
So, which providers are there, offering internal IPs?

I know about
-iwstack.com
-Digital Ocean
-InceptionHosting
-BuyVM

I would like to build some failover / ha configurations and see what's possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Anyone offers KVM should be able to offer internal IP's, if it's not publicly featured then ask them.

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited January 2014

Amazon EC2 offers it in their "VPC", although they are not exactly "low-end".

You can even have two IPs on the single network interface eth0 for an instance free of charge. I have done it before and it works like this: Select auto-assign public IP and add a second private IP to eth0 when creating the instance in VPC, then wait until it boots up, allocate an elastic IP and bind it to the extra private IP you added. Then you have two private IPs and two public IPs on that single instance!

To lower the cost in EC2/VPC, I have observed that the "spot prices" for micro instances stay stable and very low for regions such as us-west-1a in N. California. It runs about $3~$4 per month, not including I/O or snapshot charges. You can take advantage of it by using spot micro instances and at the same time, make very frequent backups of your data by creating images (AMIs) from your running instance. Remember, spot instances can be terminated at any time when your "bid" is no longer higher than the current price.

• We offer internal IPs that work against ANY SERVER IN OUR NETWORK, even across data-centers. This is thanks to the network strength of our provider. We can also place you on your own vlan if you're concerned about other users being able to use your internal IP. Bandwidth transfer on the internal network is unmetered and goes at maximum port speed (up to 10.0Gbps from server to server, a little less between data-centers due to network overhead and distance travelled.)

This is only valid for our new GoodHosting line of services, not the HardCloud ones.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Lunanode offer private addresses on their kvms too.

• Wow, this why i like coming here, i did not know you can do this.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited January 2014

I wish more providers offered it with OpenVZ, it was a feature of SolusVM at one point but I believe it broke and was never fixed.

Something I've been bugging Nick_A about for awhile.

• We offer internal ip's as well on our 64MB+ KVM plans.

• We can provide private ips across different physical nodes upon request.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

derp said: Lunanode offer private addresses on their kvms too.

We offer on all but SSD KVM plans, which use SolusVM. In Scranton we will also be offering floating IP addresses and stuff through OpenStack.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited January 2014

We offer for all vpss an internal/isolated VXLAN networks next week which can be used with your private address space. Network can be fully managed form our new control panel over different locations.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We're planning to offer it on KVM soon.

• Yes can do this for Xen plans across nodes, just need to open a ticket to request.