Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any KVM management tools with v6 support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any KVM management tools with v6 support?

DavidxDavidx Member
edited January 2014 in General

Does anyone know of any tools preferably a web-type management for KVM with IPv6 support for guests? Free of course! ;)

Proxmox is out ;(

Comments

• Feathur should have it soon (tm). Currently in development. There are IPv6 pools in the "Release" branch, so it's coming along.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    Feathur should have it soon (tm). Currently in development. There are IPv6 pools in the "Release" branch, so it's coming along.

Problem is I don't want to wait a month or two, plus it's still unfinished even when v6 is added.

• SolusVM supports it, badly.

OpenNebula supports it great, this is what we use!

• @HardCloud said:
    SolusVM supports it, badly.

OpenNebula supports it great, this is what we use!

Easy to setup? Stable?

• @David_P said:
    Easy to setup? Stable?

OpenNebula take a little bit to set up, as it's a cloud platform; and you can set it up in thousands of different ways to accomplish many tasks, or accommodate many underlying file systems, storage area networks, etcetera.

It is extremely stable, whereas with SolusVM I was having an issue every other day...

• @HardCloud said:
    It is extremely stable, whereas with SolusVM I was having an issue every other day...

Cool :) if you want to give any pointers that'd be great. Using it for some personal VMs for websites, extra projects and what not.

• @David_P said:
    Cool :) if you want to give any pointers that'd be great. Using it for some personal VMs for websites, extra projects and what not.

I would suggest using CentOS 6.5 x86_64 on a dedicated server that supports VT-x and VT-d as a good place to start. The KVM-quickstart guide on OpenNebula's website will help you get it running, you can even install the master server on the same as your hypervisor (ie: all in one); which is great for development!

• OpenNebula is very easy to setup, I had a 32 node test rig setup in about 2 hours. It seems pretty stable but haven't done more than install it right now and play with some of the features.

• @Jack said:
    How come you need KVM management tools for v6?

I could understand for OVZ as it has to be binded to the VM by the node but for KVM its route to the VM only?

Cause I'm a newb ;( and I like interfaces.. plus they're all gonna be v6 anyways.

• Anyone know how much RAM openneb uses?

• @ATHK said:
    Anyone know how much RAM openneb uses?

total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 15947 12894 3052 0 45 12162 -/+ buffers/cache: 686 15260 Swap: 8031 0 8031