Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated server

DrukpaDrukpa Member
edited January 2014 in Requests

I am looking for a dedicated server with the following specs:

Intel E3 1230/1240 (v1/v2)

16GB RAM DDR3

4x500GB (Enterprise SATA disk) in SW RAID10

Around 5TB monthly bandwidth on a 1Gbps burstable port

Around 8 IP addresses (For SSL, VPS)

Maximum budget: $110/month. Will pay half-yearly/yearly.

Payment: Paypal and bank-wire transfer

Server will be mainly used for cpanel shared hosting, so a cpanel VPS license is also required.

My top priority is the 4x500GB RAID10, since my current RAID1 gives only ~40MB/s disk speed resulting into high IOWAIT.

Don't want OVH, online.net, etc..

Can anyone help me point to a good deal?

Comments

• I don't know about the raid, but try WeLoveServers.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: cpanel VPS license is also required

So your budget of $110 includes the license?

• @Drukpa said:
    I am looking for a dedicated server with the following specs:

Intel E3 1230/1240 (v1/v2)

16GB RAM DDR3

4x500GB (Enterprise SATA disk) in SW RAID10

Around 5TB monthly bandwidth on a 1Gbps burstable port

Around 8 IP addresses (For SSL, VPS)

Maximum budget: $110/month. Will pay half-yearly/yearly.

Payment: Paypal and bank-wire transfer

Server will be mainly used for cpanel shared hosting, so a cpanel VPS license is also required.

My top priority is the 4x500GB RAID10, since my current RAID1 gives only ~40MB/s disk speed resulting into high IOWAIT.

Don't want OVH, online.net, etc..

Can anyone help me point to a good deal?

I don't quite understand why you are getting such low disk speeds, unless you have a bad setup. I have a not great i3 server and I get 240mb/s in RAID 0 and 130 in RAID 1. I prefer RAID 0 since I can just keep offsite backups. 40mb/s seems awfully slow.

• sc754 said: I don't quite understand why you are getting such low disk speeds, unless you have a bad setup. I have a not great i3 server and I get 240mb/s in RAID 0 and 130 in RAID 1. I prefer RAID 0 since I can just keep offsite backups. 40mb/s seems awfully slow.

My hard drives are Seagate Barracuda 500GB in RAID1 (Software) drives with the following details:

Model: ST500DM002-1BD142
    Firmware Version: KC45

When I initially rented the server, one drive was new, and the other had 7000 power-on hours on it. And while it was still new and nothing was on the server, dd test gave me the same result. (around 40-50MB/s).

Can you tell me what your drives are? More than 100MB/s would have been fine for me.