Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namecheap - New flashy website...but I can't even login
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namecheap - New flashy website...but I can't even login

Just noticed Namecheap has a very catchy website when I visited today...but the backend doesn't seem to work so well yet:

Unable to process request

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your page request. You may receive this error when an invalid data is entered or rarely when our servers are unable to cope with heavy website traffic. You could try going back to the previous page and trying and action again. If you continue to receive this message, please, look at our status page for any issues. Our team has also been notified about this issue in order to take action.
Back Contact Support 

Oh well, I really wish they have tested things out more before releasing it...

Comments

• They have a status message confirming the problem an hour back..

Dear Customers,

Unfortunately, we are performing an unscheduled maintenance in our system at the moment. During the maintenance our website is working intermittently. Checkout Process and Sign In to Namecheap accounts are also affected. Our Customer Support Team will be available via live chat and ticket system.

We are working on the issue in order to fix it as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.

• If it helps, I checked it now and login works for me.

• just logged in, works fine for me..........

• I adore their new design, it makes me think of a well designed newspaper.

But... is it just me or did their old crappy website actually provide a better overview?
    This is so wide, it's hard to actually see what matters (although I know of course) due to all the verbose spacing and colors, etc.

• @MitchellRobert said:
    I adore their new design, it makes me think of a well designed newspaper.

But... is it just me or did their old crappy website actually provide a better overview?
    This is so wide, it's hard to actually see what matters (although I know of course) due to all the verbose spacing and colors, etc.

Exactly what i thought.

• Not sure if it's just me, but the new site is SUPER slow. Takes a good few minutes to load the account area.

• Works fine for me, and I also love the old design.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Finally. If I didn't visit the site for 2 months it took me a while to navigate it. Accessibility = sales. About time they dropped some of the clutter.

• The new logo reminds me of MS Office for Mac's logo.

• design is soft on the eyes, but the feel is like old and sophisticated.

• The design is nice, but the domain management area is still the old look which bugs me.

• @trexos said:
    Exactly what i thought.

Same here.

• kerouackerouac Member
    edited January 2014

I'll migrate out of NC as soon as I find a proper registrar with cheap rates pref. outside US. Those guys keep getting annoying by the day, prices getting higher, promos not coming...

edit:

and their (now old) interface is very complicated, and their business practices are getting godaddy-like. 200 usd drop revivals...

edit 2:

and their new look is all widescreeny like godaddys new look. so much for the guys who were handing out transfer promos while godaddy went insane (sopa was it?)

and the inner panel is the same old look...

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited January 2014

I hate the new design.

They claimed that it is new so as usual people are not good at facing changes. I don't disagree with that, but this new site is so ugly, overwhelmed with over-sized text and images, coupled with endless scrolling for one to find information (e.g. domain renewal price). Besides, the payment page is so so so slow.

Trendy probably, but usability failed. Seriously I'm not sure why they changed it since nothing breaks, or perhaps they earned too much money and are now finding place to waste?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2014

kerouac said: I'll migrate out of NC as soon as I find a proper registrar with cheap rates pref. outside US.

If you want something out of the US with cheap rates and a good focus on privacy, Internet.bs is the way to go. I used to use them for everything and they're great. I've started transferring most of my domains from them to NameSilo, though -- their prices are even better and "no hidden fees or upsells" is their credo. But they are in the US, if that bothers you.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @Dylan - I had never heard of NameSilo, looks like I can save a bit transferring to them. Thanks for the recommend.

• @MitchellRobert said:

^ this.

• badpatrick said: I had never heard of NameSilo, looks like I can save a bit transferring to them. Thanks for the recommend.

Very good company, they probably focus less on the marketing (and they are banned on WHT for some reason) and almost no discount coupon out there (other than the 1USD coupon which I think can be used only once), but they have very good price and the customer service people are generally quick

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • The new interface might be tablet / mobile friendly, but too big and annoying for computer browsers. And as mentioned namesilo is cool and way cheaper to buy/renew. My Sig has some coupons which will save you a dollar with them.