Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is UGeekVPS UGVPS hopeless
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is UGeekVPS UGVPS hopeless

Trusting enough to pay a year in advance to UGVPS I am getting pretty poor responses to requests to get the VPS to function.
There seems to be a reluctance to face the question but of course I can't face them personally so how can I tell?
If anyone knows anything useful about how to get what I paid for tell everyone here for there must be other people with dud service.
Robert

Comments

• Yes no hope the way it is. However it won't die or disappear so fast since it is backed by the mafia

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • HAHA so much shit on these forums about UGVPS........ i mean, ChicagoVPS... err i mean UGVPS....err..

there are very few hosts here id feel comfortable paying for a year in advance.
    to mention a few:
    ramnode, cloudshards, lowendspirit, backupsy (anything oktay basically..), buyvm..

• what is the problem with your vps?

• I wouldn't pay in advance to UGVPS if I were you, given the situation with them.. cut out the middleman and go with ChicagoVPS if you want roughly the same product, pricing, and locations.

• i have 2 VPS at UGVPS until now i not have big problem, support response is good for me you must make your self more patience i think

Thanked by 1rsk
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@ZeroCool said:
    i have 2 VPS at UGVPS until now i not have big problem, support response is good for me you must make your self more patience i think

To be honest, patience has a limit, and when you do not get what you paid for - you are exhausting past that limit.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I honestly don't understand why any regular user of this site still uses UGVPS, it is an unmanned train just waiting to crash.

Chicago VPS own UGVPS there was a mess up made in the sale due to a divorce etc and now no one is taking responsibility for it but Chicago VPS are taking the money you pay so contact them instead.

• That fits perfectly with my ongoing dialogue with someone who doesn't seem to know anything or is doing nothing.
    Today as a solution to SSH being blocked they offered me port 9030 which is in use for something else.
    Every message takes a long time to be answered and the english is very poor so it is not easy to comunicate.
    All the krapp VPS operators I have encountered have been in the USA(NSA).
    DON'T PAY ANNUALLY UNLESS YOU HAVE SUBSTANTIAL REASON TO TRUST THE BUSINESS

• @jcaleb said:
    what is the problem with your vps?

I can't use it.
    UGVPS or UGeekVPS can't get SSH going.

• Even replying to their messages doesn't work.

• said: Trusting enough to pay a year in advance

You can blame yourself for that. I cant count the number of detailed critiques I've posted on LEB regarding UGVPS, and a thread here as well. Even before the fraud issues surfaced, it was pretty clear tht UGVPS was plummeting down. You didnt care to research the company before paying a year in advance, so you can kiss your money goodbye.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Maounique
  • akzakz Member

are people not reading the forums anymore? If you choose a cheap host and pay yearly, then you should be able to take the gamble of losing $5-$10.

• Find yourself a good provider , go with Ramnode , Prometeus or Inception Hosting.

• If its too good to be true, just pay monthly

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

They're not hopeless at all. ChicagoVPS has been around for a long time now and continues to push forward no matter what happens. They are very well backed financially.

Quality? Well that's just another question :)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

@jarland said:
    They're not hopeless at all. ChicagoVPS has been around for a long time now and continues to push forward no matter what happens. They are very well backed financially.

Quality? Well that's just another question :)

One of my VPS that I've had for a long time now is a ChicagoVPS. It's barely ever down, it performs well enough, it's cheap, and tickets get responded to quickly.

• site is up
    http://www.ugvps.net/

I also have 1 vps from them before.

• PuTTying by SSH in says SFTP is refused but FTP could work.
    If the same settings worked before and work now on ALL other VPSs are they incompetent or ratbags

• might be the problem is on your side?

• "the problem might be on my side?"
    Of near 30 servers contacted via PuTTy by me ONE says "connection refused". How could I do that?
    WinSCP says the same thing but adds that FTP is available. The goats at UGeekVPS offered port 9030. That's used by the only programme I want to run.
    Now, apologist for the incompetents at UGeekVPS, what is your best attempt at a rational way I could be playing any part in blocking myself from getting in.
    If they are good why don't they answer tickets in less than days and when they do tell me to control the VPS through the panel.

• in solus, you can get a temporary access to your vps (1 hour), have you tried it?

• VPNVPN Member

Cut your losses and run.

Also, I'll get abuse for saying this, PayPal dispute.

If PayPal don't get a response from the 'seller' within 45 days then they'll roll in your favour and if there is still the ongoing issue of emails going to random people for UGVPS then you might get lucky.

• Solus? If you mean the panel/interface option of console it doesn't work on this Window 8+Firefox laptop.
    Why don't the nongs get themselves going? Why doesn't the USA get some proper fair trading laws?

As for Paypal they consumed weeks through their deaf dispute process then said a VPS is a service and therefore not covered.

• VPNVPN Member

@ElaborateRuse said:
    As for Paypal they consumed weeks through their deaf dispute process then said a VPS is a service and therefore not covered.

Several providers on here have confirmed that when PayPal disputes have been brought to them, PayPal has actually gone in favour of the customer. I realise that this isn't always common but still possible.

Even so, my reason for suggesting it was in the hope that UGVPS wouldn't respond to it within the 45 days.

• yes, in solus, it will give you another ip address and username password. you can use this to putty to your vps. give it a try.

• Well, Firefox says there is no plugin for this version combination.
    Why doesn't UGeekVPS do it?

• OkieDoke said: Several providers on here have confirmed that when PayPal disputes have been brought to them, PayPal has actually gone in favour of the customer.

It all depends on what the provider says. If they phrase their response properly, they'll win every time. If not, they'll lose every time. The key words are "intangible goods" and major providers here like RamNode have repeatedly said they've never lost saying that.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @ElaborateRuse said:
    Well, Firefox says there is no plugin for this version combination.

There's a button that can show you the connection details rather than having to rely on the (broken) Java-thingy.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ElaborateRuse said:
    Well, Firefox says there is no plugin for this version combination.

You can use the console details in putty you dont need java or a browser.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2014

You have to try these first to make sure the fault is not on your side. Its unmanaged service