Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare captcha to lowendtalk!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare captcha to lowendtalk!

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited January 2014 in Help

Hello! I try to create a long tutorial, but when editing it in let, it stops me with a cloudflare security page that asks me to enter a cachpa captcha* to continue, but that captcha is not shown anywhere!

Any help?

• When I'm in hurry, typos do appear!

Comments

• Cachpa? What kind of animal is that? :)

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • He had this animal mentioned twice in post. One was edited but the second furry friend is still there )).
    Try switching browsers just in case. It might help.

• VDS6 said: He had this animal mentioned twice in post. One was edited but the second furry friend is still there )). Try switching browsers just in case. It might help.

Animals have to live and be protected (especially wild ones like this!) :-) As for your suggest, I tried it with firefox, opera and chrome...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Whenever their captcha shows up it is always in a box, not sure why you are not seeing it

• Try logging into cloudflare's website if you have an account. That tends to fix similar issues for me.

• Fliphost said: Whenever their captcha shows up it is always in a box, not sure why you are not seeing it

It appears as a pop-up over the let page, half - out of the screen and without the captcha shown.

@jvnadr It looks like it is happening when it is trying to save as draft either that or preview. Have you tried posting it to see what happens?

• c0yc0y Member

Write your post in a markdown editor and then post it at once and it should work fine. It is what @Fliphost said an ajax request to save your draft.

• Fliphost said: It looks like it is happening when it is trying to save as draft either that or preview. Have you tried posting it to see what happens?

yes, it happens when it is trying to save my post to draft, or when I try to publish it.

c0y said: Write your post in a markdown editor and then post it at once and it should work fine. It is what @Fliphost said an ajax request to save your draft.

Even with a copy - paste, when I try to post it, I have this captcha

my ip is my home dsl ip. No server, no nothing. Settigns on CF? On LET's side, maybe... Anyway, i posted it without installing -non important- details

@jvnadr pm @mpkossen he can prob pass it on to who manages cloudflare for the site and get the settings updated

• @Fliphost OK
    @mpkossen I'll pm you

• I am getting the same each time i visit lowendtalk.com i get his with captcha, i also make sure i leave them a nice message of how annoying it is.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I never got this thing. I visit from home, from prometeus and from phone.
    It never happened...

• maybe they have special lists and were on the naughty list

• @jvnadr Out of curiosity, what country are you connecting from? It might be that Cloudflare is flagging you as higher risk?

• Maounique said: I never got this thing. I visit from home, from prometeus and from phone.

It never happened...

It happened to me only when I tried to post a TL;DR tutorial (with load of installation code in it). When I put half of the message away and kept the necessary, I published it.

Magiobiwan said: Out of curiosity, what country are you connecting from? It might be that Cloudflare is flagging you as higher risk?

I don't think so. I live in Corfu, Greece. In most of services, my country domain is handled as low risk.

lukesUbuntu said: maybe they have special lists and were on the naughty list

It is my home dynamic dsl ip, used just for browsing. I think it has something to do with the long content. I use cloudflare to my sites, a couple of them are news portals with hundred of posts every day and I didn't ever (me or the rest of the editorial team) had to handle such message...