Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your top 5 web admin tools?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your top 5 web admin tools?

BruceBruce Member

I'm keen to learn what are the most popular web tools being used. Not a simple question as it can mean many things. I'm interested in tools used to setup/config/monitor dedi/VPS

I'm not expert at command line linux, having been able to reply on most stuff via cPanel/WHM in the past. But as I'm looking to use more ow end solutions, I need to do some learning.

My usual tools:

SSH - putty
FTP - filezilla
phpmyadmin

currently playing with virtualmin/webmin, and finding that I'm better off just using command line commands. but a web frontend is handy to monitor what is going on

thanks

Bruce

Comments

• Well, here's my two free tools for monitoring :

UptimeRobot

Anturis

For setting up LAMP/LEMP on a LEB :

LowEndScript (And its many variants)

Centminmod

Not sure if this is what you meant, but anyway.

• @dhamaniasad exactly what I'm looking for. thanks

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters? :D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Bruce said:
    Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters? :D

haha, no I us a fat chubby little hand (not mine), the more I look at that image the more I think that hand is rubbish.. I cant imagine having such a none functional hand, you could not even hold a pint with that silly hand.

• For monitoring and basic administration - Webmin

For transferring files and editing long config I like the combination of WinSCP and Notepad++

For safe testing environments and easy migration between physical servers I use OpenVZ containers.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited January 2014

@DigitalDuke said:
    For transferring files and editing long config I like the combination of WinSCP and Notepad++

i use this combo also, i have vestacp installed, I am starting to wonder why I chose to install it.