Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any place to get cheap whmcs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any place to get cheap whmcs?

cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
edited March 2012 in General

or anyone selling their unused ones? How do they work? If i bought it from someone else is it transferable?

Comments

• Accoring to their TOS, yes you can transfer a license as long as the original owner purchased the license directly from them.

The cheapest license its with LicensePal

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2012

someone needs to write a free open source replacement for whmcs.

is there really anything it does that is amazingly unique or proprietary?

hmmm...(ponders the untold glory of founding a free whmcs project...)

• @thekreek said: The cheapest license its with LicensePal

Thank you for the link. do you think it's worth it to get the lifetime license? what does it mean by "1st year support and upgrade"?. So if i buy it now, and 2 years later there is a serious backdoor in the system i have to pay for 1 year support just to download the new version of whmcs which has a patch for it?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said: someone needs to write a free open source replacement for whmcs.

The problem is that WHMCS has so many modules which is what makes it hard to compete against. If you needed a free replacement for say only cPanel or only OpenVZ, you have more options than if you needed a free replacement that supported both.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited March 2012

@raindog308 said: is there really anything it does that is amazingly unique or proprietary?

It does a few things its competitors don't. It works. It's pretty secure, and it's versatile.

• @raindog308 said: someone needs to write a free open source replacement for whmcs.

is there really anything it does that is amazingly unique or proprietary?

hmmm...(ponders the untold glory of founding a free whmcs project...)

>

I've tried a lot, none of the other came even close to what whmcs can do.

@cosmicgate said: So if i buy it now, and 2 years later there is a serious backdoor in the system i have to pay for 1 year support just to download the new version of whmcs which has a patch for it?

Correct. If I wasn't already using WHMCS I would probably purchase Blesta! It's only $99 (no upgrade fees down the road) and it's open source.

• @KuJoe said: Correct. If I wasn't already using WHMCS I would probably purchase Blesta! It's only $99 (no upgrade fees down the road) and it's open source.

man that sucked. I've never heard of blesta but let's see if its worth it(they do at least look better than box billing)

• gianggiang Veteran

@cosmicgate said: I've tried a lot, none of the other came even close to what whmcs can do.

How about Hostbill? I haven't tried Hostbill but the features on their homepage look promisely :D ClientExec is another choice too :D

• @giang said: How about Hostbill? I haven't tried Hostbill but the features on their homepage look promisely :D ClientExec is another choice too :D

@VMPort used hostbill for a little while, but quickly moved to WHMCS.

• kalamkalam Member
    edited March 2012

I've got a license for WHMCS from LicensePal for $11.95 because I got them to price match LicenseCube. Lowest I've been able to find.

• @kalam said: I've got a license for WHMCS from LicensePal for $11.95 because I got them to price match LicenseCube. Lowest I've been able to find.

too bad they don't have a lifetime license. I don't want to pay monthly.

• You don't want Blesta, they've been developing version 3 since early last year. Granted its a complete rewrite, but it isn't heavily adopted and the plugin API really hasn't been set it stone.

Blesta is currently a sitting duck.

But it's open source so I could care less what the development looks like. I would just fork it anyways to fit my needs like I've done with other open source projects in the past. :)

• @KuJoe said: But it's open source so I could care less what the development looks like. I would just fork it anyways to fit my needs like I've done with other open source projects in the past. :)

Huh? Are you talking about Blesta? I used it last year and it was definitely closed...

Really? They advertise it as open source and somebody in #frantech said it was open source also... weird.

• @KuJoe said: Really? They advertise it as open source and somebody in #frantech said it was open source also... weird.

I just looked at my copy. Yes, definitely closed and requires ioncube.

Oh, now I don't feel so bad. LoL, thanks for letting me know.

• AsimAsim Member

Ask your host, some hosts do have $10 or even less branded monthly leased licenses

I remember I got one from @mitgiB a while ago

• fanfan Veteran

Anyone tried BoxBilling?

http://www.boxbilling.com/

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

@fan said: Anyone tried BoxBilling?

I have started seeing more people using that but I have really never heard anything about it, or used it.

• @fan said: Anyone tried BoxBilling?

Just tried their demo, at least the interface looks very nice :D

• gianggiang Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd said: Just tried their demo, at least the interface looks very nice :D

It seems the interface is from themeforest :D I have seen it before :D

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Blesta is really crap, granted I haven't used the latest version but the demo shows no real difference. I think WHMCS is still the closest to the best,

• @kujoe Perhaps you mean this:

Open source modules, gateways, language, templates and remote API access to boot.

not their system that opensource..

• still looking for whmcs. anyone offering them? LOL, i don't to buy a shared hosting with it.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

Here's a cheap place to buy WHMCS:

http://www.whmcs.com/

Seriously, WHMCS is that good. I'd be willing to pay more per month, it's great value for your $16 or $19 per month. This is coming from someone who abhors shitty closed source software.

• No other way to get it cheaper then buying from WHMCS themselves. WHMCS has so many modules and addons that the price you are paying for it is a bargain.

• @Damian said: Seriously, WHMCS is that good.

Agreed. I convinced Fran to go for the owned license some time back, worth every penny.

You can't beat their support either. I do a ton of WHMCS modification (automations, custom modules, etc), and not only is their team incredibly helpful when you're trying to find out how something obscure works, but more than once I was working with non-public tie-ins (variables hidden in their IONCube'd code), and I was able to send in small batches of my code, and they would reply back with exactly what variables/methods I could use to do what I wanted.

At this point, you couldn't really pay me to switch away from WHMCS.

• @Aldryic said: worth every penny.

Yes when you put 200 for sale, it ends up selling 250 ;) Cant beat it..