Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] OVZ €5 Euro/YEAR 128MB-10GB-HDD-100GB Bandwidth. Extremely LIMITED! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] OVZ €5 Euro/YEAR 128MB-10GB-HDD-100GB Bandwidth. Extremely LIMITED!

13»

Comments

• @kristal: Only time will tell. Ken (UptimeVPS owner) spent at least $300 for corporate membership on WHT so that is a good sign. My VPS with them is stable.

17:54:51 up 12 days, 19:47,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
    # dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 12.0289 s, 89.3 MB/s
  • miTgiB said: Ah, but it is limited to as many 5 euro payments as they can extract before blowing town when the server payment is due.

60 days after payment to get it back from paypal. I'm not worried at all here.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

60 days for disputes but you only get it back as long as the merchant has enough fund on his account. However, the buyers protection plan is not valid for intangible goods (virtual products like software-doanloads, webspace, vps).

• Exactly, I wouldn't count on those 60 days much.

• kylix said: 60 days for disputes but you only get it back as long as the merchant has enough fund on his account. However, the buyers protection plan is not valid for intangible goods (virtual products like software-doanloads, webspace, vps).

This is not true, I got it back before without any hassle -- If I don't receive the thing I paid for I get my money back.

Read: if I don't receive 1 year of service I'll get my money back.
    Happened before and I count on it in the future.

• Not if the provider disappears together with all the money on their account. It happened before.

• ztec said: If I don't receive the thing I paid for I get my money back.

But everyone is receiving his box :P

• This is not true, I got it back before without any hassle -- If I don't receive the thing I paid for I get my money back.

That depends. Paypal might do that 1/10 times. But it is not the rule. The rule you contracted with when signing up to paypal states clearly that intangible property is not subject to refund. The buyers protection plan is not applicable. And the 60 day refund just works if Paypal can take the money from the merchant i.e. if he has still fund.

• yomero said: But everyone is receiving his box :P

If you don't receive it for the full 30 days you didn't get what you paid for.

kylix said: That depends. Paypal might do that 1/10 times. But it is not the rule. The rule you contracted with when signing up to paypal states clearly that intangible property is not subject to refund. The buyers protection plan is not applicable. And the 60 day refund just works if Paypal can take the money from the merchant i.e. if he has still fund.

Maybe I got lucky in the past, maybe they're nicer to some countries.
    Anyway it's not big money, I also ordered their Windows VPS and it's amazing.

I asked about some background info in a ticket and all they told me was that they have their office in Reading Berkshire, UK.

Some spelling errors on their site seems pretty weird for someone who lives in the UK, I'll give you that one...

• @uptimevps
    what will be the price of UT-128 the next year (5$)?

• Big difference between 5 dollars and 5 euros. :)

• Hi,

Price is recurring. 1 left of the UT-128.

We have deployed some more nodes for the UT-384 Currently a remaining 94 left.

Order link. https://secure.uptimevps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=7

Customer feedback on support has been good. I do hope eventually this gets praised publicly.

Have a great weekend.

Ken.

• I got an email from them saying you can build your own vps now, 50% off.
    It got down to 4gb of RAM for 9euro a month. what's up with that?

• Well, the servers are with OVH, so, you get insane amounts of RAM with these machines at a low price, so, maybe is ok :D

• Do you guys still think this company is fraud?
    Got 4 VPS' from them, it kinda went out of hand.

• ksx4systemksx4system Member
    edited September 2011

I just bought one. Let's see how long it'll stay there... current performance is more than ok for this price and I adore vswap instead of burstable mem!

edit:

ksx4system@larsa:~/temp$ sudo ./vzfree
    Total Used Free
    Kernel: 8796093022208.00M 11.76M 8796093022196.24M
    Allocate: 36028797018963968.00M 7.59M 36028797018963960.00M (36028797018963967M Guaranteed)
    Commit: 36028797018963968.00M 14.38M 36028797018963952.00M (34.5% of Allocated)
    Swap: -118.24M (-4517.9% of Committed)

what the f*** is it?

• vzfree does not work right with the newer OpenVZ.

• this is working for me w/o problems:

#!/bin/bash
    #
    # memory usage in /proc/user_beancounters

x=$(cat /proc/user_beancounters |grep privvmpages|awk 'BEGIN{ cur=max=lim=0; }{ cur+=$2;
    max+=$3;lim+=$5 } END {print cur*4/1024,max*4/1024,lim*4/1024}')
    ram=$(cat /proc/user_beancounters |grep oomguarpages|awk 'BEGIN{ cur=max=lim=0; }{ lim+=$4 }
    END { print lim*4/1024}')

currently_used=$(echo $x| awk '{print $1}')
    max_used=$(echo $x| awk '{print $2}')
    max_usable=$(echo $x| awk '{print $3}')

echo "VPS Memory Usage:"
    echo "Currently used:         $currently_used MB"
    echo "Max. used:              $max_used MB"
    echo "RAM:                    $ram MB"
    echo "Max. usable:            $max_usable MB"

• just "chmod +x" it and run it

• i cannot reinstall from the control panel, is that just me?
    i click reinstall but nothing happens

• why dont you send a ticket instead?

• Just to inform you all. UptimeVPS.com has been moved to Uptimevps.co

Hopefully this will put an end to a lot of tittle tattle on whether we are going to do a runner or not.

• Ken why not keep the .com though? Or use the .net that you have too.... heck even .co.uk fits. The .co seems an odd choice. Just curious...

• I wasn't worried until now ...

It's really strange you're not keeping .com

• You said uptimevps.com is on auto renewal, why did you change your mind? Or will you keep the .com too?

• Why not just use them all? Why disclose any tld :S
    This smells ...

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

Um, doesn't usually changing the domain name mean that they HAVE taken a runner and are trying to sneak that by folks?

Not saying that it's so in this case but that''s been my experience.

• Mommy, I'm scared... :'(