Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES Launched in Dallas..... SWEET!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES Launched in Dallas..... SWEET!!!

Finally LES has been launched in Dallas

Great Work, @AnthonySmith :)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah I grabbed one a while back and never really joined in the fun. Now, I'm definitely getting in on this.

• I just got two :D - big time fan of LES!

• WHOOOOOOOOOOOO FINALLY!!!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

In my opionion not that sweeet, because you get 7.50$ VPS with 64MB and Ipv4 in US so....
    But in EU, LES is awesome thanks AnthonySmith

• Infinity580 said: not that sweeet, because you get 7.50$ VPS with 64MB with Ipv4 in US so....

Not sure if you are familiar with LES already, but this is not something you can compare with those machines. $4/yr for a LES 256MB Box with 350GB bandwidth is not the point. The point is the quality of service Anthony is providing here, and he is doing it just for fun.

Oh btw, a few LES boxes have 500days uptime out there ;)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Infinity580 said:
    In my opionion not that sweeet, because you get 7.50$ VPS with 64MB and Ipv4 in US so....

Well that is a good deal no denying that, what you get with LES is:

2 x CPU cores
    256 MB Ram
    3 GB SSD cached disk
    350 GB Bandwidth
    Nat IPv4 + IPv6

HAProxy on the node which means the only thing you cant do that you can with a static IP is run SSL, everything else is supported.

And at half the price :)

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@AnthonySmith the offers are awesome and i like your services... i know you offer good services but when i compare the price a bit for some dollars more per year you get ipv4 and more traffic so.
    Not such a big deal for me personal.

As i said, in EU its awesome and i use it.

Yup its all down to what you need I suppose :)

• Waiting for Japan, Neeed it :D

• I'm looking for Australia.. lol extremely unlikely but just putting it out there lol

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2014

I like LES, whilst I am far from a technical person and really don't need this I took a package a while ago as a "If I suck and can't use NAT I lost 3 EUR, no big deal" but I got my head around it and if nothing else it taught me more than I knew had I not taken it.

So yeah, value wise it might not stack up against some other offers, but I guess it's what you want it for.

• W1V_Lee said: "If I suck and can't use NAT I lost 3 EUR, no big deal"

Don't forget to check out their cloudflar Ipv6 to Ipv4 proxy guide. That's the thing you need. And first day, just serial console for once to configure the machine - thats all :)

Maybe I should mske a video that explains things in a simple way and demonstrates how and why it is no different to any other vps for 95% of potential functions and show examples and a basic set up to get people started.

Would that have helped you @W1V_Lee ?

I know it is a bit different which can be off putting but I think it only takes that one small "ah ok moment" to get passed that.

In the most simple terms from an ip4 perspective it is no different to your home network set up. Your router holds the external address and you forward any ports you need to the computer.

• LeeLee Veteran

I got to grips with it eventually, but then that is why I wanted it, because I knew it would not just do what I wanted out of the box, that was the whole point, learn something new and I did.

But yeah I suppose a short video would do no harm.

• Awesome stuff. Congrats.

• Don't forget to join our community and vote for the next location! :)

Hope to see some of you on the forums.

http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=667

Thanks @concerto49 & Cloud Shards for doing such a great deal to help the LES community.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2014

Just created certs but it seems like I will need to wait half hour or so before they become valid :)
    @AnthonySmith check time at "Mininode4" ;-)

• Dear @AnthonySmith, can u activate my account (Inactive now), I want to try your LES in US... Thx

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: Thanks @concerto49 & Cloud Shards for doing such a great deal to help the LES community.

Happy to have you and welcome to Dallas ;)

That> @Spirit said:

Just created certs but it seems like I will need to wait half hour or so before they become valid :)
    AnthonySmith check time at "Mininode4" ;-)

Will sort the time :) sorry not sure what you mean about certs?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Will sort the time :) sorry not sure what you mean about certs?

Mininode4 time has been out of sync for 27 minutes so after OpenVPN certs creation and export to local machine it was needed to wait 27 minutes before they become valid. Not big deal at all, but still good to have time in sync because other clients :-)

• When will the new website be up today?:)

edited January 2014

@Spirit said:

AH ok with you now :) time is sorted anyway.

@trexos maybe later on yes, sadly Cloud Shards @concerto49 are having power issues so I am waiting for the server to come back up to see what the situation is, I may have an unexpected 3 hours of work ahead of me now :( hopefully it is only hitting the network equipment feed.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited January 2014

@AnthonySmith let me know if it's an issue but we should be discussing via ticket. There was an issue with a particular PDU in 1 of the racks. Everyone else is/was up. Should be fixed already.

Have to say - lots of bad luck lately. Fiber and now a PDU. Geez.

Yep server is up. assessing damage now.

• Bought another one, can't wait :D

• AnthonySmith said: Maybe I should mske a video that explains things in a simple way and demonstrates how and why it is no different to any other vps for 95% of potential functions and show examples and a basic set up to get people started.

That would be awesome and would probably entice more people into giving it a shot. I think LES is great (the intent and the value), but the thing that holds me back is wondering about how to get the basic set up done. As much as I enjoy learning by doing and trying out things and figuring it out on my own, my life doesn't give me very much time to do that anymore.

• i vote for Russia as the next location.

• @darkshire said:
    i vote for Russia as the next location.

This comment would be much more useful on our forums :)

I'm not going to spam, so have a look at my previous comment for the link.

Thanked by 1darkshire