Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the dedicated servers in Germany cheap?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is the dedicated servers in Germany cheap?

FreaxFreax Member
edited January 2014 in General

I found that many free vps and host were in Germany.But not in US.Is the dedicated servers in Germany cheap?

Or can you give me some information to get cheap but good dedicate servers in Germany?

Comments

• Yes, servers do tend to be cheaper outside of the US, especially in European countries. Free VPS servers, are you referring to Host1Free VPS? If so, they've been around for years and they can definitely afford that. They've been in Germany longer than they've been offering free VPS servers.

A low-end German datacenter you should take note of is, http://www.hetzner.de/en/

• FreaxFreax Member
    edited January 2014

@Jeffrey said:
    Yes, servers do tend to be cheaper outside of the US, especially in European countries. Free VPS servers, are you referring to Host1Free VPS? If so, they've been around for years and they can definitely afford that. They've been in Germany longer than they've been offering free VPS servers.

A low-end German datacenter you should take note of is, http://www.hetzner.de/en/

Wow,that's so cheap.Not only H1F but also other hosts,such as kilu.de , host-ed ,cwcity.de , etc are in Germany.What's they provide free products for?To help them sell their fare-paying products?

• In the US there is a cheap souce of old server hardware which drives the cheap server prices there. Also power is generally cheaper than in EU.

In Europe there are two major players that make very efficient large scale server deployments - OVH in France and Hetzner in Germany. These are that drive the EU server prices down.

Thanked by 1myvpsreviews
  • Almost every "LEB company" (I use) hosted with Hetzner.de before IP prices increase migrated their stuff to accelerated.de DC by my experience.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • You can use Hetzner.de but their IP prices expensive than US IP prices.
    For Europe you can use online.net and ovh too. EU IP pricing is expensive than US.

• @rsk usage the same DC in Germany which Host1Plus/ Free use to provide their free VPS from...

LEB/T use to have many host based on Hetzner but the whole thing changed with limitation of IP blocks by them.

• Yes i have also find cheap server in Germany in compaire to us.

• An annoying fact, price-wise, is that the most populated european countries are the cheaper for servers but the most expensive for ip4, and the other way around, scandinavians are expensive for servers but cheap for ip4. In between, with reasonable yet not really cheap server but cheap ip4, Russia, or further Kazakhstan (good connection but no longer really Europe as most hosts are in the east)-

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Freax

If you are interested in a german dedi, cheap IPs, I can offer you

i7
    32GB RAM
    2x500GB
    5TB on 1gb/s
    $85 per month

Not the cheapest price, but seeing as its RAM loaded, and cheap IPs, it is somewhat of what a good deal. i3s and i5s are available too, which should get the price down as well.

• Is this offer still valid ?

• ip/kvm costs too much at Hetzner