Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WinSCP new version says the correct password is false
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WinSCP new version says the correct password is false

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited January 2014 in General

Hi,

First i am not drunk, i just updated my WinSCP version to the newst and try to login to my servers.
So and nothing it says my password is false, filezilla says its correct and i am logged in (SFTP).
And yes i checked the password it has the same length and letters....
And thats it

Idea?
and AGAIN Yes the password is correct putty also logged me in, putty/filezilla vs winscp your decision.

Comments

• I think you have quite strange username there.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"neo" is strange?

• I see using username " " i.e. only several spaces?

• He put a white rectangle over the username.

Thanked by 2rds100 Neoon
  • @Infinity580 did you import the connection details from putty to WinSCP? I had the same issue for a few servers, deleting and recreating the servers on WinSCP login fixed it for me.

• If you can login to the server, do so, and create a key. Try using the key to auth.

• If you can login via filezilla why do you need to login via winscp as well?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

Ok, weird seems like winscp dont know these letters: äöü thats why but Putty/Filezilla does.
    So i can't make my passwords even harder when i use winscp

@BuyCPanel_Kevin i use it as API for a Software, they have such a nice lib :D

• @Infinity580 - like joelgm said, just login and set up key auth. Then you can make your password as secure as you want to without worrying about which client you're using.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Hi,

First i am not drunk, i just updated my WinSCP version to the newst and try to login to my servers.
    So and nothing it says my password is false, filezilla says its correct and i am logged in (SFTP).
    And yes i checked the password it has the same length and letters....
    And thats it

Idea?
    and AGAIN Yes the password is correct putty also logged me in, putty/filezilla vs winscp your decision.

I had same problem yestarday. I saved my password before hand before connection and it worked then. If i had to type it everytime it said: wrong password

• mwb1100mwb1100 Member
    edited January 2014

It looks like WinSCP has had a problem with accented characters in passwords for a while: