Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two factor authentication
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Two factor authentication

dg51dg51 Member
edited January 2014 in General

Hi all, I have developed a two-factor authentication system (http://0snet.info/) and I am trying to get an understanding on whether it will be useful at all. The system uses SSL client certificates for authentication and it has an in-built user manager to issue/revoke client certificates and to manage users.

I am hoping that it will be useful for someone to secure their administrative control panel, phpmyadmin (or) some similar web applications.

I have created a user manual which explains in detail on how it works, installation, configuration etc. It can be found at http://0snet.info/

Any feedback (or) suggestions you provide will be very helpful.

Comments

• Also, if any of you have setup a two-factor authentication for your website. Could you kindly let me know, how you did it ?

• Well we have two factor authentication on all of our stuff, we used Google's version of it. It looks like on your guide page you use yum to show how to install the package, which leaves out poor old debian! You should get support for debian based OS's too

• I've been using Authy (authy.com) for some stuff lately and it's been useful and simple for the applications.

• @BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    Well we have two factor authentication on all of our stuff, we used Google's version of it. It looks like on your guide page you use yum to show how to install the package, which leaves out poor old debian! You should get support for debian based OS's too

Good point. I will make sure that I add a package for debian based distros.

• @Cory said:
    I've been using Authy (authy.com) for some stuff lately and it's been useful and simple for the applications.

Looks interesting. The REST api should make things easier to integrate with any login system.