Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual6 Has stopped trading
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual6 Has stopped trading

Saw this coming for a few days now ...

Hello.

We regret to inform you that due to unforseen legal circumstances, Virtual6 have ceased trading completely as of Tuesday the 14th of January.

Any payments made today (14th January 2014) will be refunded within the next 24 hours. Our hardware is paid for up until the 11th of February, we will leave everything online until the datacenter takes our servers down, no further payments will be required from you. Unfortunately our support system and public facing website will be disabled throughout this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and wish you all the best moving forward.

Best Regards,
Virtual6.net

Thanked by 1Silvenga

Comments

• Not surprised really, everyone called it. Was more expecting it to be sold than a straight shut down.

• I had signed up just for a exteremly cheap DirectAdmin box for DNS and backups so no real loss for me, I knew it was a gamble.

• Maybe he got the job he was looking for and shutting Virtual6 was a condition:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1337104

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited January 2014

Time to prohibit him from posting future offerings?

• @Virtovo said:
    Maybe he got the job he was looking for and shutting Virtual6 was a condition:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1337104

And not to surprise:
    UK National Minimum Wage: £6.31 (Aged 21 and above)

• @David_P said:
    Time to prohibit him from posting future offerings?

Like he has any credibility left.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

So at the same day who he posted his offers again he also posted his job search....

What a dirty liar

• @Infinity580 said:
    What a dirty liar

What else is new?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@mpkossen I knew that before just for proof.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

New record for this ash person? (approx. 2months?)

• @Infinity580 said:
    So at the same day who he posted his offers again he also posted his job search....

Maybe he got reminded by HM Revenue & Customs that he has to pay taxes when selling stuff to people inbetween.

• klpowell said: I had signed up just for a exteremly cheap DirectAdmin box for DNS and backups so no real loss for me, I knew it was a gamble.

It is not a gamble, but it is within your risk appetite. ;)

• I never got to see the website, does anyone have a screenshot?

• @Corey said:
    I never got to see the website, does anyone have a screenshot?

https://web.archive.org/web/20131206204137/http://virtual6.net/

Thanked by 1Corey
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Legal reasons could be anything between someone else claims the name to not allowed to run a business in competition with his employment.

• Aa, was sure I had heard the name before. I used GetKVM.com VmPort.com, my last communication with Ashley Hawkridge was several "angry" mails asking to be removed from any mail list, since they still sent me ads, after I has asked to be removed.

• I will say that in the two months I hosted with him the service was excellent and Ash was very responsive to tickets. But starting on Friday the server reboot and the whmcs database didn't come up for two days. I knew at that point he wasn't putting effort into it anymore and had taken backups.

• @myhken said:
    Aa, was sure I had heard the name before. I used GetKVM.com VmPort.com, my last communication with Ashley Hawkridge was several "angry" mails asking to be removed from any mail list, since they still sent me ads, after I has asked to be removed.

This was that same owner?

• @Corey said:
    This was that same owner?

Yes, originally, and then I believe he sold them both?

• @corey

Best Regards, Ashley Hawkridge GetKVM.com | Management

Can't be more than one person with that name, from the UK. Sold VMPort to start GetKVM.com

• Imma stop trading my marbles dangummit!!!! Gimme back all me marbles!!!!!!

• my experience with getkvm.com was been good so far, even with the new owners..

• Lol.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Contrary to popular opinion, I like Ashley. Hope everything is alright.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • I like Ash as a person as well @jarland. I wish him all the best. I do think his drive and focus may be a little bit lacking lately though. I know he has a family to support and that should come first and most people should realize this maybe before jumping down on someone.

This may have been the last move he wanted to make but he had to do it. At least he gave people time to get their data before things went offline. I am not trying to defend him I am just saying it could have been a lot worse then it is. He is a big boy he can defend himself.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Many people said this time will not work. Me included and I also noted in other places that the pump and dump schemes are no longer working, the market does not allow for it anymore.

• So @mpkossen, @Spirit, what should we do to Ashley now?

• @Jack said:
    Poke him with a wooden stick and a rusty nail.

:D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    So mpkossen, Spirit, what should we do to Ashley now?

Nothing? He closed his business and gave people notice.

Nothing wrong with that?