Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server Needed

Specs :
E3-1240 v3
16GB
Dual 1TB Drive
cPanel/WHM
WHMCS Installed

Looking to prepay 1 year - 700-800$

Comments

• Location immaterial as long as my US traffic gets fast page downloads

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2014

So WHMCS license $15.95/month, cPanel license $30/month - makes $551.40 for licensing costs per year. Ok, some people pay less for the licenses, but still...

Or you just want the softwares installed, without the licenses?

• i am willing to go higher a little bit not much ..

• So $250 a year for the server itself?

• are we on lowendtalk or HIGHPRICESERVERS.com ?
    btw i DO have a provider for what i need i am trying to find 2 more
    fault tolerance and what not

• VPNVPN Member

@dammugly said:
    Specs :
    E3-1240 v3
    16GB
    Dual 1TB Drive
    cPanel/WHM
    WHMCS Installed

Looking to prepay 1 year - 700-800$

Taking into account tour licensing requirements, you're not gonna get a dedicated server for $250 a year.

• dammugly said: are we on lowendtalk or HIGHPRICESERVERS.com ? btw i DO have a provider for what i need i am trying to find 2 more fault tolerance and what not

Well, lets see, 15.95 per month for WHMCS, or 191.4 per year, 379.95 for the cPanel license, which leaves you with 228.65 for the server itself. So you want an E3-1240 v3 with 16GB RAM and 2x1 TB drives for 19.05416666666667 per month?

• @dammugly said:
    are we on lowendtalk or HIGHPRICESERVERS.com ?
    btw i DO have a provider for what i need i am trying to find 2 more
    fault tolerance and what not

You're on NOTGOINGTOHAPPEN.com

• i am not trying to be an ass here guys .. now i am wondering how is my first provider able to do it :(

• VPNVPN Member

Who is your first provider? Must be a a very early summer host.

• someone from wht

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2014

@dammugly did he include the cPanel / WHMCS licenses with the server? The server alone would be possible at that price, it's the licensing costs that makes it impossible.

• VPNVPN Member

Unless they're using nulled versions of WHMCS and cPanel.

• interesting ..thanx guys

• It could also be cPanel VPS license, which cuts quite a bit of the costs.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited January 2014

WHMCS reseller may get a license as low as $7.2/month, and we've seen cPanel internal VPS license offered for $10/month. Certainly it has to be a big provider to benefit from these prices. So that leaves about $47/month for the server. Not sure though if it's doable for an E3-1240 with 2x1TB disks?

• lets just get the popcorn out and wait for the "I got scammed by host XYZ" thread that is surely coming ;)

• lmao @ ryan .. i hope we dont come to that ..
    but yeah if someone can do a server , no license i would love to hear

• i think free webmin etc would be fine to manage it since i am only looking for a backup server

• if it's just for backups, why so little space and so much cpu? :)

• no not backup as in save-this-file backup
    backup as in ..oooh the main server room is on fire .. lets switch dns and get the sites up backup :)