Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Why ixam-hosting.com was delisted on LEB?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Why ixam-hosting.com was delisted on LEB?

mtoledocemtoledoce Member
edited January 2014 in General

Hey i didn't found the offer for ixam-hosting.com on LEB, i just want to know why, because i get 1 package and maybe somenthing wrong with it?. My VPS is still up and running, i know this is in romania and offered as offshore and large resources for $7.

«1

Comments

  • I think because they advertise on some hacking forum

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • hi @zhuanyi, sure but all knows and even in the post they mention it.

  • @zhuanyi said:
    I think because they advertise on some hacking forum

    Yes, i dont think that is a good reason to "de-list" them..

    ixam-hosting is running for a long time now and still going strong in every way.

    Hopefully people will realize that prejudgement can be a bad thing.

  • mtoledoce said: hi @zhuanyi, sure but all knows and even in the post they mention it.

    And that was probably causing too much controversy and trouble, more than what CC would like to see?

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • I believe that delisting them because of pressure of few individuals isn't good move and now we are back to "comfortable zone" with newly listed host who's featured less then month ago.

    Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • said: i just want to know why, because i get 1 package and maybe somenthing wrong with it?.

    We are not sure why our offer got removed. I have wrote their Helpdesk to know.

    If you have a VPS at us, dont worry because of that. We will not close anytime.
    Also, New Nodes will be provisioned soon. The deal on the offer still can be purchased too.

    Just PM me or Open a Ticket whenever you need anything.

    |Ixam-Hosting.com - Offshore VPS

  • Hosts that advertise on hacking forums shouldn't be listed here. Find it hard to believe that people would willingly trust a provider like this with their details. A few years ago, when I was new to the 'VPS community' and Web hosting in general -- before I was aware of summer hosts, skids, and all that shit that's so prevalent -- I trusted LEB and assumed that there was a certain amount of quality control going on before a host could be listed. I can only assume that many lurkers and first-timers believe the same thing. Advertising harmful 'companies' on such a popular site isn't a good thing to do, so I'm very glad this post was removed.

  • RocksterRockster Member
    edited January 2014

    @Melon so you have bad first hand experience with delisted host and because of that you're glad that their post is removed? I doubt.

    Quality control. LOL. Lets list in weekly order all top10 LET voted hosts all over again and again. You said that you trusted LEB. Do you read LEB at all? Show me ONE EXAMPLE of featured host where they vouche for featured host.

  • @Melon said:
    Hosts that advertise on hacking forums shouldn't be listed here. Find it hard to believe that people would willingly trust a provider like this with their details. A few years ago, when I was new to the 'VPS community' and Web hosting in general -- before I was aware of summer hosts, skids, and all that shit that's so prevalent -- I trusted LEB and assumed that there was a certain amount of quality control going on before a host could be listed. I can only assume that many lurkers and first-timers believe the same thing. Advertising harmful 'companies' on such a popular site isn't a good thing to do, so I'm very glad this post was removed.

    Every other host you deem valid can become "harmful" in time that has something todo with the ethics of the person that is running it

    the fact that ixam-hosting decides to advertise there doesnt mean they cannot be trusted, thats just a prejudgement you are making, thats fine, but that doesnt mean it is actually like that.

    aslong those hosts posted at LEB/LET meet some requirements there should be no issue, only time will tell.

    Thanked by 1Rockster
  • akzakz Member

    hackforums is just another market, a large market at that. HF is very large from what I have read and not everyone there is out to make trouble. However there have been several attacks and hacks from other users/providers here on LET.. I dont think the offer should have been removed, there are so many summer hosts here and it is up to low end users to do their due diligence after all it is the low end market.

    Thanked by 2Rockster Mark_R
  • akz said: it is up to low end users to do their due diligence after all it is the low end market.

    Good thinking!

  • There are many reasons why providers from HF should not be listed, but the fact that it's a rule should be enough.

    This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

    https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

  • 0xdragon said: There are many reasons why providers from HF should not be listed, but the fact that it's a rule should be enough.

    And... Why was listed in the first time? (1 week)

  • I don't think this is lack on due diligence...

  • Umm, Doesn't @Jack advertise on hack forums?

  • why should i google it? i just posted the screens because he asked.

    NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Apply here

  • Jack said: Nope, Don't you have a drug problem?

    I don't see why this was brought up, that was completely irrelevant to the topic. But no, I do not.

  • @Jack said:
    Nope, Don't you have a drug problem?

    What??

    Even if he does, how does that relate to whether or not you advertise on HackForums, and DotVPS was advertised on HF in the past.

    Thanked by 3wrox Jeffrey Epidrive

    SonicBoxes.com - VPS Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
    6UA.net Various tools, screenshots, password gen, looking glass, etc..

  • mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2014

    The post was pulled pending review of that HackForums screenshot that was posted. As far as I know, we have always adhered to a strict no-post policy when it comes to hosts that advertise actively on HF. We also pulled SolveDDoS for that a couple of weeks ago. We also pulled this post for that.

    Ixam Hosting has posted there about two months ago, according to one screenshot. That's quite recent and not "something of the past".

    We could always review these rules, because I realize legitimate businesses can post there as well. Thought I'm not sure how comfortable I personally am with a host that allows warez and nulled scripts being featured on LEB.

    I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

  • VPNVPN Member

    I'm an avid visitor of HF purely for reading and entertainment, not to do anything illegal or questionable.

    However, advertising these sort of services on forums like HackForums and BlackHatWorld is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

    Hi :>

  • @OkieDoke said:
    I'm an avid visitor of HF purely for reading and entertainment, not to do anything illegal or questionable.

    However, advertising these sort of services on forums like HackForums and BlackHatWorld is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

    Exactly this. Do you want the kids from HF thinking they could run their own host at 14 coming to LET? Oh wait... they already have..

    This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

    https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

  • @Melon said:
    Hosts that advertise on hacking forums shouldn't be listed here.

    Unfortunately, I can't agree with this. A lot of the "newer" places that advertise here can be seen advertising on a lot of sketchy sites if you Google hard enough, such as Runescape sites, private server sites, trading boards, and hackforums. (by the way, HF isn't even a "hacking" site, it's a skiddie site.)

    @mpkossen said:
    The post was pulled pending review of that HackForums screenshot that was posted. As far as I know, we have always adhered to a strict no-post policy when it comes to hosts that are active on HF.

    Moment, going to now go and flag EVERY provider that active threads on HF or related sites, we'll see just how few providers remain (I'm pretty sure someone even holds a thread active for HardCloud there, wouldn't surprise me.)

    Thanked by 1Mark_R

    Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
    GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

  • @HardCloud said:
    Moment, going to now go and flag EVERY provider that active threads on HF or related sites, we'll see just how few providers remain (I'm pretty sure someone even holds a thread active for HardCloud there, wouldn't surprise me.)

    It isn't about active threads on HF, but the provider themselves posting on HF to advertise. There's a difference.

    Thanked by 1mpkossen
    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • HardCloud said: Moment, going to now go and flag EVERY provider that active threads on HF or related sites, we'll see just how few providers remain (I'm pretty sure someone even holds a thread active for HardCloud there, wouldn't surprise me.)

    My wording wasn't perfect. I've changed it to say "advertise actively".

    I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

  • @mpkossen said:
    My wording wasn't perfect. I've changed it to say "advertise actively".

    Oh okay, I do apologize. So the issue is that the host themselves is taking an active role in their position on the site?

    Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
    GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

  • @HardCloud said:
    Oh okay, I do apologize. So the issue is that the host themselves is taking an active role in their position on the site?

    I will come with a statement in another thread soon :-)

    I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

  • I put it back up, slightly modified. See: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/442266/#Comment_442266

    I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

Sign In or Register to comment.