Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM problems??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM problems??

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
edited March 2012 in General

I was making some changes to my VPS and then I used init 6 ... I always use that... but this time, my VPS didn't boot, and I tried to enter their CP but it says: The Resource List could not gathered....no_socket_connect_to_server

Anyone having BlueVM having thue problems?

cc @BlueVM

Comments

• iirc that means that the slave couldn't be reached.

• We are currently having a network outage on all of our CA nodes. We're working to resolve this now. Had 93 days of uptime before this.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

any eta?

• Its actually a DDOS which is killing the entire line. We're hoping to have the servers back online within the next 30 - 45 minutes, but this is pretty heavy.

• @BlueVM said: Its actually a DDOS which is killing the entire line. We're hoping to have the servers back online within the next 30 - 45 minutes, but this is pretty heavy.

I haven't seen a provider get DDoS'd as often as you do!

• I haven't seen a provider get DDoS'd as often as you do!

Amen to that..

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited March 2012

The node is back online, users may have some packet loss...

FYI - Here's the nodes uptime:

16:50:53 up 93 days, 19:37, 0 users, load average: 1.04, 0.97, 0.93

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I noticed it, thank you

• It's a shame that decent VPS companies like BlueVM can't go a week without an attack on them.

• Pics or didn't happened! LOL

• @yomero Your geting use to @DotVPS posting a graph every time he gets a little ddos :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I like that ! Watching the "war" as "colateral damage" is fun :P
    At least lemme know what "hit" us :P
    M

• @Taylor said: @yomero Your geting use to @DotVPS posting a graph every time he gets a little ddos :P

Graphs are funny or not? :D

• @DotVPS said: Funnily enough i haven't had an attack in about 2 weeks now :D!

wanna pinch Constantinos again? lol

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DotVPS said: SShhhh.. It's gonna happen now ;( haha.

shut up and get on my pony.

:3

Francisco

• @DotVPS I do not believe you unless you are making the graphs your self in paint?

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited March 2012

@DotVPS

DotVPS March 21 FlagThanks
    @prometeus said: Just another attack with a different target. I don't know what to think about....

3.5G's O_o FDC booted me for 520MB/

So thats not even a week :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Taylor said: @DotVPS I do not believe you unless you are making the graphs your self in paint?

There's a thread on WHT right now about continuum being the target of floods now as well:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8034546#post8034546

It's possible it's unrelated to the packet loss, but given the crap everyone around here has had to deal with, who knows?

Francisco

• Erm, Maybe carriers assigned to your part of Serverius are down (Or taking on DDOS), I have server with another company that colos with them and have seen no issues. They are a carrier neutral facility though, meaning not every rack will have the same peering.

• @Franciso - Your right it's not just us, its most of continuum.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There are also problems with OVH, but at a first glance dont look like being related.
    M

• Down again people must hate you guys

• Yes, which is why we're in the process of buying hardware in a datacenter with tools to prevent this from happening again.

• A 20GBit flood against one of our nodes took out part of the Equinix facility in DE today which caused issues with Level3. Not sure if this is related DotVPS.

• i cant wait i just upgraded my vps package too

• flyfly Member

quadra had the same issue in LA AFAIK

• @VMPort said: Not sure if this is related DotVPS.

Are you trying to blame it on @DotVPS ?

• The node is back online, but the control panel is going to be intermittent as its getting hammered.

• @Taylor said: Are you trying to blame it on @DotVPS ?

Nope. I was just talking about him mentioning issues in NL.

• @VMPort said: Nope. I was just talking about him mentioning issues in NL.

Ah ok I was like, if you want to start blaming competitors I can think of a few LOL