Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider Paris Location OS Reinstall?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider Paris Location OS Reinstall?

I picked up a Paris dedicated server (E3-1230 ) from Oneprovider. I thought I had read they had implemented OS reinstall in their control panel. Anyone know if that is true? I'm not seeing it. If it is not there, I just do a virtual mount in the HP Lights Out with an ISO and reboot/install, correct?

Comments

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
    edited January 2014

@kcobra They have NOT implemented yet through their control panel, if you've got IPMI, you can do it by yourself, or you can open a ticket also if you need a reinstall.

• @pbalazs123 said:
    kcobra They have NOT implemented yet through their control panel, if you've got IPMI, you can do it by yourself, or you can open a ticket also if you need a reinstall.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Will go the IPMI route. That or a ticket is about the only choice I have anyways since the root password they gave me for the initial install does not work. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@kcobra just in case you think the root password was supposed to be "oneprovider" (as can be concluded from their panel), it's not, look in your E-Mail for the actual password.

• Yep, their email was a bit confusing. I did try the actual root password from the email. When they sent the original email the server never did come up. I had to open a ticket. I'm guessing they did a re-install to get things working but did not set the same root pwd. No biggie as I wanted to re-install myself.

One question about using the HP iLO to do a re-install. The Ubuntu install finds two NICs and asks me which to use. I'm guessing one NIC is for the iLO interface and the other is the one I should select. Question though is how do I know which one is currently being used by iLO so I don't select it?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2014

kcobra said: Question though is how do I know which one is currently being used by iLO so I don't select it?

Just try the first one in the list I guess. You can't permanently screw up iLO via this, if anything, you will lose your currently running session and will have to power-cycle the server.

• Thanks for the info. Wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up. Actually I ended up seeing 3 NICs in iLO web interface. One "iLo dedicated network port" and 2 normal ports. So it looks like the install is only looking at the two normal ports. All is good.

• I will say the whole iLO session management within Oneprovider's control panel is plain wonky. Connection seems to time out/drop and then I can never log in again. I have to delete the existing session, re-create, wait a while and then try to login. I haven't figured out the right combination of steps to make it work reliably. Been trying all afternoon to install Ubuntu without success because of these "bugs".