Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experience with BlueVM's support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Experience with BlueVM's support?

agonyztagonyzt Member
edited January 2014 in Providers

Hi guys,

Does anyone have experience with BlueVM's support? Do tickets get solved in a timely manner?

Thanks!

Comments

• Quite Good from my experience.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@Zen No Support No, just limited support for example only when the DC had failure or the node dies (vps offline/connection issues). No software related or something, some tickets ago it tooks about 2 Days it improved down to arround 12 Hours (my last ticket).

Thanked by 1Zen
  • For cpanel hosting they don't provide much support. But still they solve the issues. And they have full VPS support AFAIK. I am happy with them.

• @Zen said:
    Don't they offer a no-support policy of some sort on half their plans? IDK.

On the Blue0/Blue0.5's it's a "is it on? does it ping? we're done here" policy (more on days people feel good / there's nothing else to do).

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @Rallias said:
    On the Blue0/Blue0.5's it's a "is it on? does it ping? we're done here" policy (more on days people feel good / there's nothing else to do).

That's all pretty much any "unmanaged" provider is obligated to do. Anything else is above and beyond but should not be expected.

• Only on theri extremely cheap plans (Blue 0) there is limited support (and when you order, you informed about this). All other plans, has regular unmanaged support. Their response time varies. But generally, their supporting time is fair enough and they are really friendly, too.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have an unsolved high priority ticket open for five days.

• LexLex Member

Their response time is pretty good.

• Except some exception of being slow, the quality and accuracy is too good :)

Overall great work by team @BlueVM

• Response times have been terrible for me. I've been extremely displeased. Now, when the services work, I've had no problems...however support leaves much to be desired.

• We're aware the support times aren't fantastic. We're bringing on new staff and increasing our hours to improve them. Not going to be an instant process, but we are getting better.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n agonyzt
  • I've only had to contact BlueVMs support a couple times. Both times were to get kernel modules loaded for iptables, if I remember right. Response time was fine.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

For the sake of it, my ticket has now been answered and the vps looks ok in Feathur.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

I have a couple of high end VPS and i would avoid them. LA was down too often. Support is on the arrogant side and unprofessional.

But i needed all the locations for a project ...

If Crissic location suits you i highly recommend them!

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • praveenpraveen Member
    edited January 2014

For me whenever i posted support requests they used to respond after ~ 12 hrs. Try their IRC, usually get quick response if any team members are online.

• As @praveen said, if you hop on the IRC and a staffer is online, we're usually happy to help. We also have a good community that hangs around who can help with a lot of things. In no way is IRC an official location (it's not a Live Chat type thing, but instead a community chat) but staff members do tend to help people. Also, if you have a complex issue, it's MUCH easier to troubleshoot over IRC than through a ticket.

• Their service is good but support ticket response time can take upto 48 hours.

• please avoid LA node too much downtime almost every week , i fell fed up but just wait until my billing end and say good bye

• @BlueVM said: We're aware the support times aren't fantastic. We're bringing on new staff and increasing our hours to improve them. Not going to be an instant process, but we are getting better.

Nice to hear this. So far my experience has been a few hours to a few... weeks! But at least you don't close tickets without replying to them, unlike some others... better late than never ;)

You might also look into your billing. Just had my 2 VM's suspended today - a month into a new billing period (LOL!) for "non-payment" even though it had been paid for in full, of course! Now, I will have to waste my time - and yours, too - clearing up this mess, worth all of $6! LOL!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • emgemg Veteran

Overall, technical support for my VPSs from BlueVM has been quite good. I checked every ticket and all but one was resolved in less than 24 hours, and most of them were resolved in less than 4 hours. Several were simple usage questions about their Feathur control panel.

The one that took longer than 24 hours was due to an intermittent flaky NIC card in the server that hosted my VPS, and had to be replaced. I can't blame them for that. Since then, my BlueVM VPS has been rock solid reliable.

I must be an impatient person, because response times always feel slow to me when I have a ticket pending. It wasn't until I looked at the date and time stamps on each ticket that I realized how responsive BlueVM really is, at least for me.

• I've never opened a ticket with them, but I have contacted them via Skype and have gotten the issues solved within 10 minutes of notifying them.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • kyakykyaky Member
    edited January 2014

it depends on the problems you meet. for some requests, it can take longer than 2 days (eg. VPS transfer). for general requests, they reply in local day time. I have 5 VPSs with them. solving problems takes time but they all get eventually solved.

• @Jeffrey said: I've never opened a ticket with them, but I have contacted them via Skype and have gotten the issues solved within 10 minutes of notifying them.

Interesting. BlueVM's domain was blocked from China for quite a while. Skype sounds like a great alternative in case this happens again. What's BlueVM's Skype address?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

I've had packet loss that made VM unusable for one and a half days and got response after it was over saying they're not seeing any problems.

• @aglodek We used to use Cloudflare on our site, until the GFW decided to block it. My Skype is Magiobiwan, go ahead and add me if you'd like.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited January 2014

@Magiobiwan all the complaints here about LA node is related to S11-CA I think.
    This is a bad one, always goes down, once a day at least, better fix it.

• Not long after opening this thread, I went on their IRC channel to see if someone could help me because my ticket was open for 24h without reply and I needed my newly transfered VPS to be working ASAP. I've to say that my experience was very positive. It took like 5 min and everything was fixed. @Ishaq took care of it for me.

I think what @BlueVM said in this thread is very encouraging. If they can offer the same level of support via ticket than IRC, I think a lot of people would be very happy and would definitely recommend BlueVM as a provider.

BlueVM said: We're aware the support times aren't fantastic. We're bringing on new staff and increasing our hours to improve them. Not going to be an instant process, but we are getting better.

• ShadosShados Member
    edited January 2014

Only ticketed for something there once, which was in relation to one of their "limited support" plans. Response time was pretty good even so, very happy with it given the price.

EDIT: Fixed phone-induced typo.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited January 2014

Dear Client,

>

We have detected that this ticket hasn't been replied to in the last 24 hours, so our system is automatically escalating this ticket to our Level 3 support department for faster resolution. We apologize for the delay and we want you to know we take support promptness very seriously. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

>

Best Regards,
    The BlueVM Support Bot
    https://bluevm.com

Thank God for automation :) This said, my 2 VM's have been offline for 3 DAYS (LOL!), suspended for "non-payment", while BlueVM's support staff (Jordan Perkins) seems helpless to reconcile one Paypal payment made (transaction# given) with only one Invoice issued (once in 3 months). Service interruptions due to hardware/network failures are bad enough, but something I can understand. INTENTIONAL service interruption and failure to correct their mistake for 3 days, I take big issue with!

FYI, it has been 15 hours since that "escalation to Level 3 support department for faster resolution" quoted above! Hard to be impressed with these guys :(

UPDATE: following this post, @Ishaq PM'd me and solved the problem in 5 minutes flat :)

• PatsPats Member
    edited January 2014

aglodek said: escalation to Level 3 support department for faster resolution"

Man i like this!! after 2 days of no response... it gets escalated to Level 3.. then 2 days no response.. again u knock.. buzz.. at the ticket... no response... then u goto irc and catch one support staff... he agrees to look into the ticket... after a while u notice ticket status changed to Escalated!! ... ... ... more than a week gone...

its cool rite!!