Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For Dedicated Server

kajakkajak Member
edited January 2014 in Requests

Looking for a cheap dedicated server. The following is what I am looking for.

8GB RAM minimum 16 prefered
500GB HD
CPU doesn't really matter too much
Atleast 2TB bandwidth.
Needs to be capable of having ESXI installed.
US based

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

What is your budget

• kajakkajak Member
    edited January 2014

@Fliphost said:
    What is your budget

Max of $50 a month but ideally would like cheaper.

• @kajak Have a Look on this

• @Navyn said:
    kajak Have a Look on this

Sorry the first plan does not meet my requirements and the one that does is a bit more than I would like to spend.

• Dear Kajak,
    If you need this server i can adjust it to $55 for you.
    But it will be unmanaged server.

For further info send a support ticket.

• @kajak said:
    CPU doesn't really matter too much

CPU usually determine the price. 1 core, dual cores, quad cores, dual quad cores, etc...

• @MiniVZ said:
    CPU usually determine the price. 1 core, dual cores, quad cores, dual quad cores, etc...

Good to know. I only said it doesn't matter much because I won't be using much CPU. Minimum would probably be a dual core.

• @MiniVZ said:
    Read the comment. OOS at this moment...

We physically have some SSD servers on the shelf actually. If you read the last comments some people ordered those from a sales ticket and got it almost right away. The HDD ones are out of stock. Some had to get RMA sadly.

• @kajak - Delimiter has Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB $20/month

• @MarkTurner said:
    kajak - Delimiter has Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB $20/month

It's $60 quarterly. Payment by Month is $30.

• @MarkTurner said:

That sounds like a good deal. I did see a post a little ways back but I thought that it only ran until the end of December. Thought I had missed it. I will look into them. My only concern with it is I have seen mixed reviews on their support ticket wait times. As I am looking for unmanaged I don't expect support on the configuration itself but would need support for reverse DNS.

• @kajak RDNS issue was solved about a week ago. Steve still had about 3-4 of these units left this morning (GMT+0) so you could probably still get lucky.

• @MarkTurner said:

Out of curiousity, has anyone coerced this configuration into working with ESXi?

I received one of these servers last week, and for the life of me can't figure it out. The 'host' IP doesn't seem to want to work on anything except the management interface, so I can't assign it to a VM to act as a router. The 'additional IPs' that I received are all /32, so they require that the 'host' IP be able to bridge traffic, and ESXi doesn't bridge traffic on the management IP.

• @Thorrak '.....to bridge traffic' - you can't bridge it, you have to route it

• @MarkTurner said:
    Thorrak '.....to bridge traffic' - you can't bridge it, you have to route it

Ahh - my networking terminology has failed me! Still though, I think that means these won't work with ESXi as ESXi can't route which would require the 'host' IP to be assigned to a VM (which it doesn't sound like is possible with this server)

Do you have any suggestions as to how these can work with ESXi?

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Would this work?

Xeon L5420 @ 2.50GHz
    16 GB RAM
    500GB SATAIII
    100Mbps
    10000GB
    Seattle
    VMWare ESXi 5.0
    $70.00

Server Link

• @oneilonline said:
    Would this work?

Xeon L5420 @ 2.50GHz
    16 GB RAM
    500GB SATAIII
    100Mbps
    10000GB
    Seattle
    VMWare ESXi 5.0
    $70.00

Server Link

Thanks but I have already ordered one from Delimeter and am waiting for it to be setup. So I am all set for now.

• @Navyn said:
    Dear Kajak,
    If you need this server i can adjust it to $55 for you.
    But it will be unmanaged server.

For further info send a support ticket.

Funny that processor on the Micro plan is the exact same as my home server - http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/proliant-servers/product-detail.html?oid=4248009#!tab=features - excellent processor if you ask me and very green to, power consumption is next to none.

I can easily run minecraft on it :)