Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - E-mail Hosting - 10% off!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - E-mail Hosting - 10% off!

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited January 2014 in Offers

Looking for an alternative to Google Apps for e-mail hosting for your domain? Perhaps you want something a bit simpler in nature, more tailored the specific task of e-mail hosting than something like a cPanel account?

Meet MXroute. The idea is simple. You want e-mail hosting for your domain(s) and you want it to meet several key criteria. Affordable, secure, private, and simple. Server security is important to me. Nothing on the internet is ever guaranteed, but what makes all the difference in the world is knowing that the person providing your services is experienced and devoted to stability and security. I'm not claiming to be perfect, I'm not claiming that I can keep the NSA from tapping the upstream. All I can guarantee is to work hard, respect your privacy, and frequently audit and adjust as necessary.

MXroute currently offers three plans. The first of which, is free! Get 10% off the other packages in this exclusive LET offer, promo code MXLET.

MXfree

1 Domain

1 E-mail Account

10GB Storage

FREE

Order here

MXone

1 Domain

25 E-mail Accounts

30GB Storage

$10/year

Order here

MXfive

5 Domains

50 E-mail Accounts

75GB Storage

$25/year

Order here

This is a project of myself and Ryan Arp. While it's own product, MXroute is treated as a product of Catalyst Host for billing, policies, and all legal purposes. We have a simple system that has been tailored specifically to e-mail hosting. As a former member of the Catalyst Host team, I am currently involved with Catalyst Host as far as maintaining (only) the MXroute product and support. It's more of Ryan supporting my project and helping out a friend. We've worked together on projects for 15 years, this was something we could work on together without being a conflict of interest.

Additional Policies:

• This is not a mass mailing service.
  • Spam will not be tolerated, you will be caught before blacklisted. My exim logs don't say what you're sending, but I know how to identify spam from patterns, I do it every day.
  • Catalyst Host policies apply.

Questions? Feel free to ask!

Comments

• Congratulations! Wishing you a prosperous business in the near future onward.

Thanked by 1jar
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

nice offer

Thanked by 1jar
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Email Hosting with which Panel?

• @ehostlab

Vesta CP

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rmlhhd said:
    ehostlab

Vesta CP

Yep. A bit customized.

• Looks good, i dont like to be bothered having myself setup a mailserver

i might will use this in the future.

A few questions i have:

1. Are all emails being catched even if a mailserver goes down (failover) ?

2. Do you use auto spamfilters like spamhaus? i rather not have any mail rejected

even if the IP is known to be sending out spam, sometimes people send legit email from a shared IP that got blacklisted i dont want that to be auto rejected if you get what i mean.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited January 2014

@Mark_R said:
    1. Are all emails being catched even if a mailserver goes down (failover) ?

1. Do you use auto spamfilters like spamhaus? i rather not have any mail rejected

Great questions! You have the ability to disable spam protection on your domain. Although currently I have no RBL's configured. I don't reject anything at node level unless I find an IP just going out of control and flooding, which is usually prevented on the sending side rather than something that has to be done on the receiving end, but it's always possible.

Currently there is no failover, though there are secure backups. Most sending servers will hold a mail in queue and retry for some time before giving up, in the event that it cannot communicate with the other server. Failover is certainly something I want to add though. I see a lot of features in MXroute's future.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2014

Flagged as a violation of LET Guidelines:

VPS or dedicated server offers only. No shared hosting, cloud hosting or other products where the actual users do not get root access.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/new-lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines

@rm_ said:
    Flagged as a violation of LET Guidelines:

Damn bro, you think I'm new? You know I asked first.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

jarland said: Damn bro, you think I'm new?

Oh, so rules here only apply if you don't "know the right people"?
    Nevermind then, I guess?

edited January 2014

@rm_ said:
    Oh, so rules here only apply if you don't "know the right people"?

Nevermind then, I guess?

It has been stated here many times that exceptions can be made on a case by case basis if the offers are relevant to the community, if it isn't someone just coming in here trying to make a quick buck without contributing to the community in any way, and if respectfully requested for consideration as an exception. It just isn't put out front as an invitation for people to do so. Personally I agree with that approach.

• if there is a rule against what jarland just offered then it has to be reconsidered..

i think we need alot more email only hosting solutions, good ones are hard to find.

Thanked by 2jar asf
    edited January 2014

@Mark_R said:
    if there is a rule against what jarland just offered then it has to be reconsidered..

i think we need alot more email only hosting solutions, good ones are hard to find.

Actually I forgot it's a listed rule now...

Other offers, which may not fit into the above categories, may be listed on a case-by-case basis with our permission. The requirements for these offers are: at least registered for 14 days, a minimum of 25 posts and maximum of one offer per 30 days with our permission. Depending on the type of offer, standard VPS pricing and other guidelines may also apply.

Not real sure why @rm_ decided to cite the rules without reading them today unless he's got something against me but whatever, in the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." Never known any reason for bad blood there but who knows, none on this side of the fence I can assure you.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited January 2014

Lol I actually got a "beta" account on it a few days ago, guess I'm a little late for the beta part. But I just got it setup today, panel is quite barebones right now, which I personally like. I'll be messing around with it for a bit, if I like where it is going I'll probably buy in, Catalyst has generally been the type of host I'd feel safe letting hold my mail.

Wish you luck @jarland

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp

@Setsura said:
    Lol I actually got a "beta" account on it a few days ago, guess I'm a little late for the beta part. But I just got it setup today, panel is quite barebones right now, which I personally like. I'll be messing around with it for a bit, if I like where it is going I'll probably buy in, Catalyst has generally been the type of host I'd feel safe letting hold my mail.

Wish you luck jarland

Thanks brother!

• Immediate reaction:

Follow-up question of significant relevance:

How can I upgrade my freebie account? Just throw a ticket or is there an Upgrade option in WHMCS?

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jarland and Ryan know what they're doing.

I also have a beta account, but I haven't had time to play around with it.

Good luck guys!

Thanked by 1jar

@ihatetonyy said:
    How can I upgrade my freebie account? Just throw a ticket or is there an Upgrade option in WHMCS?

Hey Tony! The upgrade option should now be functioning :)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy

@Ishaq said:
    Jarland and Ryan know what they're doing.

I also have a beta account, but I haven't had time to play around with it.

Good luck guys!

Thanks brother!

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

@ihatetonyy said:
    Immediate reaction:
    Follow-up question of significant relevance:

You can upgrade all the way up to 5 domains, however from 5 domains you can not downgrade to 1 domain without opening a ticket. Hope this makes sense. You can do this within billing portal of product information.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • c0yc0y Member

I'll be honest: I was going to slightly complain for selling some dead simple email hosting with a premade CP,

BUT.. These prices are very fair and come with lots of space. Not some ripoff "premium" service but an affordable option that will actually help people :-)

Good luck guys!

Thanked by 1jar

@c0y said:
    I'll be honest: I was going to slightly complain for selling some dead simple email hosting with a premade CP,

BUT.. These prices are very fair and come with lots of space. Not some ripoff "premium" service but an affordable option that will actually help people :-)

Good luck guys!

Thanks brother! Simple it is, but a lot of people refuse to do it themselves, and I enjoy doing it :)

• thekreekthekreek Member
    edited January 2014

I'm interested, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you support smtp, pop3 and imap over ssl?
    2. What ports can be used for each protocol with email clients?
    3. What is the limit for email sending
      • email limit per hour (per account, per domain or per email user)
      • email limit in the "to" field

Sorry for the questions, but they are in order to make sure that no user hits a limit and also sometimes some users have problems with the local isp and port 25 with outlook and thunderbird.

A small FAQ with this details would help a lot on the site ;)

• Hello,

I would like to ask for the storage (30 and 75gb) , is that the combined storage for all the accounts or for each account? Thanks!

• I'm thinking of moving to MXroute. Roundcube is complicated (at first?), but I guess I just haven't gotten used to it.

• Need to find some time and jump on your offer. Have been looking quite some time without any good result yet!

Hey @thekreek!

We support IMAP, POP3, and SMTP. Dovecot is listening on 143, 993, 995, and 110. Exim is listening on 465, 25, 2525, and 587.

There is no limit to e-mail sent, but mass mailing is not allowed. There is of course a rate at which I will be alerted, but I'll keep that secret to myself, as no one needs to worry about it if they aren't spamming :)

@wcgodz said:
    Hello,

I would like to ask for the storage (30 and 75gb) , is that the combined storage for all the accounts or for each account? Thanks!

Hola! The storage is combined for the accounts.

@drazilox said:
    I'm thinking of moving to MXroute. Roundcube is complicated (at first?), but I guess I just haven't gotten used to it.

I like Roundcube myself, but I'm still experimenting with alternative options as well :)

@Miky said:
    Need to find some time and jump on your offer. Have been looking quite some time without any good result yet!

For some reason I like running mail servers, so feel free to increase my fun :)

• jarland said: For some reason I like running mail servers, so feel free to increase my fun :)

Pervert :-)))

But yes, I do have already a little set of questions: Do you have (or could you have)

• some "catch-all"?
    • some alias, automatic forward?
    • and collectors for domains with same name but different tld like example.com & example.net?

Could you also build offer(s) for a "5 domains/5 emails/5GB" (it's just an example)?

Thanked by 1jar

@Miky

Haha!

There is no catchall address, as these are big spam traps and I avoid them religiously. No automatic forwarders as these tend to result in being blacklisted by Yahoo and GMail as they always see the forwarder as the sender. Each additional TLD would have to be considered it's own domain, though that might be an interesting feature to think about.

Something like that could work. I'll be trying to put together a couple more plans over this weekend. :)

Thanked by 1Miky
  • jarland said: I like Roundcube myself, but I'm still experimenting with alternative options as well :)

Have you seen http://www.afterlogic.org/webmail-lite. It looks very nice, but might lack some needed features. Haven't looked too much into it.