Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US/DE]PieLayer:: 1GB VPS ::25GB SSD Storage -$37.50/year::1Gbit:: Bitcoin &; PerfectMoney accepted!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US/DE]PieLayer:: 1GB VPS ::25GB SSD Storage -$37.50/year::1Gbit:: Bitcoin &; PerfectMoney accepted!

PieLayer is a brand started in early 2010 with the aim to bring back the flavour in hosting. We strive to make sure you that you spend less time on support and more time creating your amazing projects. However when you do need support we make sure your tickets are answered with the respect you deserve, so we guarantee a response within 24 hours. However most are resolved within an hour of their submission.

We accept payment through Moneybookers ( Skrill ), PayPal, Bitcoin & PerfectMoney!!

Ultrafast I/O VPS

These plans make use of premium solid-state drives in a raid configuration.
At this time, the only location we offer for these plans is San Diego, California.

Ultrafast 1024

1024MB RAM
    512MB vSwap
    25GB SSD Storage
    500GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

$37.50 yearly with coupon code 2014J / Order US

Ultrafast 2048

2048MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
50GB SSD Storage
750GB Bandwidth
1 IP

$7.00 per month with coupon code 2014M / Order US

Classic VPS

These are our classic plans, with two locations available:
US location : New York City
EU location: Nuremberg - Germany

VPS One

1024MB RAM
512MB vSwap
20GB Disk-Space
750GB Bandwidth
1 IP

$37.50 yearly with coupon code 2014J - Order US / Order Germany

VPS Two

2048MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
45GB Disk-Space
1TB Bandwidth
1 IP

$7.00 per month with coupon code 2014M - Order US / Order Germany

JANUARY SALE!

Nerdy Zero

256MB RAM
256MB vSwap
10GB SSD Storage
250GB Bandwidth
1 IP Address

Awesome price! Pay just $15/YEAR!! Coupon code: 2014SPECIAL - Click here to order

Control Panels

DirectAdmin : $5.75pm
cPanel : $17.00/pm

Included features

SolusVM
Instant Setup
99.9% Uptime
Raid 1 Storage
Instant OS-Reinstalls
Valid SSL Panels

DirectAdmin is available at a discounted rate at $5.75/pm.

We charge $0.85 a month for extra IPs on our Ultrafast services, otherwise its $1.75 a month for IPs. discounts are available for IPs ordered in bulk. Any additional IP's will require justification within the RIPE/ARIN guidelines.

We have a range of 32bit & 64bit OS templates, including Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS. Our support will be happy to add more on request.

Raid 1 & Raid 10 Storage: All our servers use Raid 1 or Raid 10 ( New York City location ) storage.

**Homepage: http://www.pielayer.com

Billing: https://my.pieserv.com**

Comments

• DeeeebsDeeeebs Member
    edited January 2014

Any test file for Germany?

Is Germany IPv4 or IPv6?

• harispharisp Member
    edited January 2014

@Deeebs there is no test file for germany unfortunately but you can check out our test IP: 144.76.140.42 , you get 1 IPv4

• OpenVZ?

• @isy44h112 correct

• DeeeebsDeeeebs Member
    edited January 2014

I have opted to try your Nerdy Zero plan for starters, but the IP you provided does not respond. Ticket was opened.

EDIT: It is what it is.. But for SSD storage I'm not impressed..

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 1749.831 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime : 1:49,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11.2MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.77MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.16MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.15MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.95MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.0MB/s
    I/O speed : 15.6 MB/s

• where is your nerdy zero plan located ?

• @raza19 said:
    where is your nerdy zero plan located ?

MIne is in Cali...

Thanked by 1raza19
  • @harisp is the Nerdy Zero available in Germany?

• @vRozenSch00n : Unfortunately due to high prices of IP's we can't offer less than 1 GB on EU location. @Deeeebs : The connection problems were resolved right after you reported them. We did have one client which abused network and removed him in that time. I would like to proceed with your your request in the ticket as you asked for refund so we will wait till Monday as our billing manager does not work on weekends for final decision.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @harisp did you also look in to the bad SSD I/O which I also reported in the ticket?

I appreciate you following through with my refund request. Maybe I will try again on your next offer. To a better future for you and your business. Cheers.

• DeeeebsDeeeebs Member
    edited January 2014

I take that back. I will not be trying your services later. After not even using the VPS from all the technical issues they have going on I only received a partial $12 refund. Now it makes sense how they make $.

Enjoy the $3 maybe you can fix your SSD raid with it.

"Zaoomba LTD operates a 5 day refund policy, refunds are given in good faith and Zaoomba LTD reserves the right to deny refunds for any reason. Client has no right to ask refund after first five days are passed and the same will be declied.
    Refunds are not possible if the client is not satisfied with delivery time or change his mind right after payment."

• @Deeeebs The VPS was active for about 5 days that is why you did get partial refund not whole refund. I'm sorry if you feel disappointed or frustrated but we had right to deny the request for refund in total as we are entitled to it by per our ToS. I urged Alen not to do so and we decided to give you partial refund.

• @harisp the support ticket was open from day one. Don't make it look like I used it for 5 days when I clearly did not get to use it at all. Good day.

• Deeeebs said: I/O speed : 15.6 MB/s

That is for SSD? Whoa!

Even 5400 RPM Disks show better io than this :p

• @ironhide said:
    Even 5400 RPM Disks show better io than this :p

Yes the claim in the Nerdy Zero special was for SSD. Pretty sad huh?

• Deeeebs said: Nerdy Zero special was for SSD. Pretty sad huh?

Maybe these are special types of SSDs, which means "Super Slow Disk"

who knows! :D

• @ironhide said:

I wouldn't put it past them at this point... LOL

• @Deeeebs @ironhide Let me explain the issue about low I/O speed. First of all we thought it was a failed drive problem so we replaced the drive ( without downtime, only reboot ). The problem still persisted. After doing some research, we found out that this is a well-known problem with Samsung 840 Pro SSDs and the version of CentOS that we are using:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg42868.html
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8691754

We are going to attempt to flash the firmware on the drives, one at a time, and then replace. That should solve the problem on that node. We already submitted request to our tech to do this.