Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry PI Mailserver security
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry PI Mailserver security

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited January 2014 in Help

Hi,

After a bit search i found a provider who offers for 1.60Euro's per Month colocation for raspberry pi.

So i wanted to run my own mailserver on this pi, SSL secured... but i wanted to entrypt each account on the box with a different password.

So when someone would try to access the box he could not read the emails, also as root.

Any ideas?

Comments

• the easiest approach (might not be the best) is encrypting the entire hdd

debian offers an option upon OS installation to encrypt entire hdd with LVM or something.

im just not sure if this will work realtime and stuffs, i never really tried it, maybe you should look into it.

• wups, looks like i didnt read your post properly (shame on me.)

but still, encrypting the hdd is recommend.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Hi,

After a bit search i found a provider who offers for 1.60Euro's per Month colocation for raspberry pi.

So i wanted to run my own mailserver on this pi, SSL secured... but i wanted to entrypt each account on the box with a different password.

So when someone would try to access the box he could not read the emails, also as root.

Any ideas?

Can you give me a link to the offer?

• How about introducing the encryption pass in a remote server that is booting?