Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do you want your next lowend dedicated server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where do you want your next lowend dedicated server?

Many of you have PM'ed me over the past few weeks asking whether Delimiter has servers in X location or Y location. Technically they can sell servers in any of Yomura's datacentres but the question is which locations are the most interesting.

The Atlanta offers were fantastically success, it surprised everyone involved just how many servers were sold over that two week period.

Delimiter is readying the next offers and I want to give them some input from the LET community where you want these servers to be.

Next lowend dedicated server
  1. North America - Where do you want it?47 votes
    1. Atlanta
        4.26%
    2. Miami
        4.26%
    3. New York
      17.02%
    4. Chicago
        6.38%
    5. Dallas
        8.51%
    6. Phoenix
        6.38%
    7. Seattle
        8.51%
    8. Portland
        6.38%
    9. Los Angeles
      25.53%
    10. Toronto
      12.77%
  2. Europe - Where do you want it?47 votes
    1. London
      31.91%
    2. Amsterdam
      27.66%
    3. Paris
        2.13%
    4. Frankfurt
      12.77%
    5. Stockholm
      10.64%
    6. Prague
        6.38%
    7. Zurich
        2.13%
    8. Vienna
        0.00%
    9. Helsinki
        6.38%
    10. Tallinn
        0.00%

Comments

• You should add Boston, MA to the list :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Needs a "None of the above" for the US both sections...

• @rm_ said:
    Needs a "None of the above" for the US both sections...

Is there any specific reason for both sections?

• @MassNodes - We dont have a large enough presence in Boston to make it work. I think we have two racks in 1 Summer Street, just enough space for some routers.

@rm_ - if you dont want any of those locations then specify in a comment

• If you were to run similar offers in Europe I would be all over it. I voted for Amsterdam. So far I'm enjoying my Dual X5150 in Atlanta. Thanks.

• @Johnny__ the problem in Europe is the cost of power. Atlanta is pennies for power which makes it a lot easier to do these aggressive offers.

I think Europe is do-able but they'll be slightly more expensive.

How is your blade server in Atlanta?

• any chance to asia/singapore?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • I voted for Europe. AMS IX is great, so I'd choose Amsterdam as per I am a Dutchie.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @ErawanArifNugroho - I would LOVE to see some Asian offers - we definitely have space in HK, SG, MY and KR but the country managers said they were not interested and would not support it. I think they are still enjoying the ability to sell a X3440 for $100+ a month.

@DennisdeWit - you'll see our connection to AmsIX and NLIX in the next couple of weeks so local connectivity should be fantastic.

In Europe I have seen the most internal interest to make offers in Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @MarkTurner said:
    ErawanArifNugroho - I would LOVE to see some Asian offers - we definitely have space in HK, SG, MY and KR but the country managers said they were not interested and would not support it. I think they are still enjoying the ability to sell a X3440 for $100+ a month.

DennisdeWit - you'll see our connection to AmsIX and NLIX in the next couple of weeks so local connectivity should be fantastic.

In Europe I have seen the most internal interest to make offers in Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

I voted for Stockholm and Portland personally, but Amsterdam is my second for Europe, wouldn't mind at all.

• Prague and Vienna seem quite Unique and central.

• @Setsura said:
    I voted for Stockholm and Portland personally, but Amsterdam is my second for Europe, wouldn't mind at all.

Problem with Stockholm is the fact servers aren't very cheap in that offshore country. I even think that Sweden is one of the most expensive ones.

• rm_ said: Needs a "None of the above" for the US both sections...

Since you seem to think Europe does not need (more) lowend, dedicated servers, would you mind linking me some LEB-range dedicated ones in Stockholm, or anywhere else in Sweden (even Tallinn)?

• @DennisdeWit Electricity is Stockholm is substantially cheaper than say Frankfurt. Last time I looked at it Stockholm was about 50% cheaper per KWH. So whilst you hemorrhage from the taxes and staffing cost, you save on the power and you can also save costs on cooling especially during the Winter months.

• If you do something in iceland it would be great success.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't mind seeing some west coast offers.

• @UltimateHostings - we have no network in Iceland and no plans to.

• I would love cheap west coast dedi. :D

• no cheap dedi in Aussie land then Phoenix & Frankfurt. why? I like the names

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Bulgaria

• Looks like LA/NY in US win and London/Amsterdam in Europe wins.

Thanks for the feedback

• @markturner if you ever start providing low budget dedicated servers in the EU

please let us all know, it would be great!

Thanked by 1wrox
  • @Mark_R I printed out this thread for our meeting today with Delimiter. So they are aware that there is a demand for US and EU servers.

We can provide them tomorrow but they need to take the decision to sell them.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Mark_R I printed out this thread for our meeting today with Delimiter. So they are aware that there is a demand for US and EU servers.

We can provide them tomorrow but they need to take the decision to sell them.

So how did that go?

• @Setsura - New York, Los Angeles and Amsterdam got the green light. We are waiting for them to advise us which servers they want at those locations

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited January 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Setsura - New York, Los Angeles and Amsterdam got the green light. We are waiting for them to advise us which servers they want at those locations

Sounds good, keep us updated, I've been pretty happy with my server in Atlanta.

• @Setsura - Once Steve spams WHT, I will copy his offers over here. I am hoping they'll take some of our more modern servers E3/E5s. Glad to hear your Atlanta server is going well!