Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaSSL wildcard, 5 years for less than 8 USD! [EXPIRED]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaSSL wildcard, 5 years for less than 8 USD! [EXPIRED]

shafireshafire Member
edited January 2014 in Offers

AlphaSSL wildcard, 5 years for less than 8 USD!

Use Google translator and your hostmaster@<#your-domain#> e-mail address: EXPIRED

42,70 Danish kroner = 7,8804131 U.S. dollars

Happy New Year! :-)

PS: It's not my service.

Comments

• That's cheap :P

• My question: are they legit?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Google Translate - DKK = USD

• Do they accept paypal?

• c0yc0y Member

@rmlhhd said:
    Google Translate - DKK = USD

That is for dumb american people who have no idea that there are other currencies out there.

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • @sundaymouse said:
    My question: are they legit?

I ordered, I've got my SSL :D

5 years, email directly from GlobalSign

• @MuZo said:
    Do they accept paypal?

No they don't, only major cards.

Also in addition, I have not yet received the actual certificate. Still waiting.

I have received the SSL Verification and Order Received emails though from AlphaSSL.

• @rmlhhd said:

Looks scary to put real card number in... But it's good news that they are legit.

• @sundaymouse said:
    Looks scary to put real card number in... But it's good news that they are legit.

Yeah, still haven't got the SSL yet from AlphaSSL

• CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited January 2014

Globalsign offers special promotion for Gold Partners since last week. It will be valid till Jan 15th 2014.

• @CentrioHost said:
    Globalsign offers special promotion for Gold Partners since last week. It will be valid till Jan 15th 2014.

Any US/EU provider offering a similiar deal?

• shafireshafire Member
    edited January 2014

@joelgm said:
    Any US/EU provider offering a similiar deal?

Denmark is EU :-) They just don't have the EUR.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited January 2014

@shafire said:
    Denmark is EU :-) They just don't have the EUR.

Oops.. I knew that. What I should have said is whether any other provider with an English site offers a similiar price.

What's "CVR el. CPR"?

• @joelgm said:
    What's "CVR el. CPR"?

Your VAT-ID or Danish Tax ID. Use 0, if you have no VAT-ID.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • how much for the sixth year?

• @ynzheng said:
    how much for the sixth year?

There is no sixth year.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • @CentrioHost said:

Are the wildcard ssls you sold during the previous promotions renewable?
    If they are renewable, in which way will costumers be notified and guided to renewal?

• My SSL Arrived, I've installed it and it works great.

Going to see if it works with multiple subdomains now.

• Is the CSR to be created with Common name as domain.tld instead of *.domain.tld?

• @joelgm said:
    Is the CSR to be created with Common name as domain.tld instead of *.domain.tld?

It needs to be *.domain.tld

edited January 2014

The site seems to reject the CSR when it was generated with *.domain.tld

CSR felter Common Name indenholder en ukorrekt værdi. Vi venter at finde: domain.in .. men der var: *.domain.in. Du kan også have beskadet CSR'et da du har kopieret det over i browseren, husk start og slutlinierne, eller prøv at lave et nyt CSR med korrekt værdier. Det er desværre også sandsynligt at vi har lavet en fejl i vores genkendelses af CSR'et. Hvis du er sikker på du har lavet alt korrekt, så skriv til salg [at] digitaltcertifikat.dk og paste CSR'et og denne tekst.. vi vender så hurtigst muligt tilbage til dig

• Just tried the SSL on mail.mydomain.tld and mydomain.tld and it works on both.

:D

• @joelgm said:
    The site seems to reject the CSR when it was generated with *.domain.tld

You need to make sure that the CSR has *.domain.tld and the domain you have listed in the order for is *.domain.tld

edited January 2014

@rmlhhd said:
    You need to make sure that the CSR has *.domain.tld and the domain you have listed in the order for is *.domain.tld

The CSR has .domain.tld. However if I enter ".domain.tld" in the hostname field on the form, it errors out with "Fejl: Domænet indeholder ulovlige tegn."

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited January 2014

@joelgm
    You need to enter the asterisk * on the order form and when generating the CSR

• @joelgm - I used OpenSSL to generate the CSR - openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout server.key -out server.csr

• This work well in all browsers?

edited January 2014

@rmlhhd said:
    joelgm - I used OpenSSL to generate the CSR - openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout server.key -out server.csr

Me too..

openssl req -new -key droidzone.in.key -out droidzone.in.csr

Common Name (e.g. server FQDN or YOUR name) []:*.droidzone.in

If I enter *.droidzone.in in the form for hostname, it errors out with invalid characters for hostname.

• @joelgm said:
    If I enter *.droidzone.in in the form for hostname, it errors out with invalid characters for hostname.

Hmm, interesting. Try updating openssl. Also what OS you using?

• @joelgm - Worked?