Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adelaide and Sydney (Australia) KVM deals with 256/512MB RAM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adelaide and Sydney (Australia) KVM deals with 256/512MB RAM.

OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
edited January 2014 in Offers

Hi all! Happy new year. :-)

I have 1 new annual plan and 2 quarterly deals to offer based in Australia. One is in in the new Sydney location which provides improved latency for most customers as well compared to Adelaide and has a much bigger data allowance!

Adelaide KVM VPS, 256MB RAM, 1 CPU Cores, 5GB Disk, 100GB Data monthly, 1 IPv4, 10 IPv6

Adelaide KVM VPS, 512MB RAM, 1 CPU Cores, 10GB Disk, 150GB Data monthly, 1 IPv4, 10 IPv6

Sydney KVM VPS, 512MB RAM, 1 CPU Cores, 10GB Disk, 300GB Data monthly, 1 IPv4, 10 IPv6

Platform/Network/Looking Glass Details:

If you are on an older plan and want to move to one of these please file a ticket. Note that if you are in Adelaide and want a deal in Sydney you need to sign up for a separate service as they are completely separate/independent locations and migrations between them are not available at this point.

Let me know if you have any questions! Prices are in USD. Servers are at least E3 or E5 based Dell systems with RAID1 or RAID10 disk arrays.

Comments

• Any 64/128MB Plans?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

No, they really aren't worth it due to overhead/IP/data costs. Sorry.

• What's the rules on KVM? No games? CPU usage?

Just added link to the standard terms of service which apply to all plans: http://www.ransomit.com.au/terms_of_service

Game servers are not permitted and CPU is a shared resource so like with any other VPS provider hogging it isn't appreciated. :-)

• Thanks, my understanding. Is KVM resources are dedicated to the VM? So potentially I could use 100% CPU unlike OpenVZ where it's fully shared.

Right?

@ATHK said:
    Thanks, my understanding. Is KVM resources are dedicated to the VM? So potentially I could use 100% CPU unlike OpenVZ where it's fully shared.

Right?

No, not all resources are dedicated to it.

Memory and disk is dedicated but the CPU resource is shared amongst all containers.

That means you can use 100% of your memory and disk allowance but if you run some application that uses 100% of the CPU core all the time I'll ask you nicely to stop. If you need dedicated CPU resources you need to get a dedicated server instead as a VPS isn't suitable for this usage.

If CPU resources were also completely dedicated to the VPS then the prices would be significantly higher.

• Perfect response thanks.

• Great host. Oliver runs a well organized operation in my experience. Customer support is of the highest standard.

• How about 256 MB with quarterly or semi anually? I'm really interested on AUS node.

Thanks @vpnarea

@derrys said:
    How about 256 MB with quarterly or semi anually? I'm really interested on AUS node.

Not really worth it if you are expecting something cheaper than the annual plan already listed for the same reason there are no smaller plans available. Sorry.